Alexa skill notifications
To enable Davis Assistant notifications through the Alexa skill:
- Confirm that notifications are enabled for the Davis Assistant Alexa skill, open the skill's page and then click the Enable button.
- If not signed in, sign in to Amazon with the account associated with your Alexa-compatible device (for example, Amazon Echo).
- If the skill has already been enabled, click the Disable button.
- Click the Enable button, click on the Notifications toggle switch, and click the Save Permissions button.
- Select the Dynatrace environment that you'd like associated with the Alexa skill and click the Select environment button.
- With your Alexa device enabled, say
Alexa, ask Davis to enable notifications.
- Close the Alexa success window and click on Account settings in the User profile menu in the top-right corner of the Davis Assistant window.
- Navigate to Integrations > Alexa skill in the side menu.
- Optionally, click the Notifications tab and add rules to the Notification rules input to reduce unnecessary notifications. Click the Save button.
Slack app notifications
To enable Davis Assistant notifications through the Slack app:
- Open Slack and select the channel you'd like to add notifications to.
- With the Davis Assistant Slack app installed in your team's workspace and a Davis Assistant bot added to the selected channel, send
@davis enable notificationsin the channel.
- Click the click here link in the response from Davis Assistant.
- Optionally, add rules to the Notification rules input to reduce unnecessary notifications. Click the Save button.
Since notifications aren't associated with a single user, Davis Assistant won't listen in a thread attached to a notification unless he is mentioned with a message containing