Configure and use a heatmap visualization in Dynatrace
Shows query results as a heatmap.
Select a different metric
By default, this visualization shows the first metric of a multi-metric query.
To select a different metric from a multi-metric query, select the letter next to the metric you want to visualize. In this example, you would change the selection from A (
CPU usage %) to B (
Memory used %).
- Visualization required
You must select
Heatmapto display this type of visualization.
- Y axis—whether to show the Y axis by value or split by dimensions.
The number of buckets to display on each axis.
- The default value for each axis is Auto.
- If you change one of the bucket values to a number, you can return it to Auto by clearing the value.
Per-metric visual settings
Rename a metric
You can change the name of a metric as it is displayed in the chart legend and chart pop-ups. The query definition retains the metric's original name.
To rename a metric
- In the Visual settings section, select Edit (pen icon) for the metric you want to rename.
- Edit the name, and then select the checkmark to save the new name.
Change color palette
To change the color palette for a metric, in the Visual settings section, select a new palette.