Monitor releases with Dynatrace
Once you configure environment variables for version detection and, optionally, integrate your issue-tracking system and configure dynamic queries, you can start analyzing data related to each release version of your software.
To list the software releases in your environment, select Releases from the navigation menu.
The Releases page displays the following information about the listed releases:
Shows all detected releases. Each entry represents processes (process group instances) grouped by deployed version, stage, and the product to which they logically belong.
Shows all events corresponding to the releases, such as process restart and deployment events.
Shows issues from the external issue trackers related to the releases.
- To set simple filters, use the quick filters on the left side of the page.
- To set more detailed filters, use the filter bar above the table.
For example, you can use the
tagfilter to search by the tag of a process group instance.
- To see only releases that are impacted by problems, select Apply filter above the Release inventory table.
- Filtering for a specific release shows an overview of stages and product contexts in which the release is deployed.
- Filtering for a stage shows an overview of all releases deployed at that stage.
List release details
To see details about a release, select a link in the Name column of the Releases page.
The Release details page displays the following information about the selected release:
Shows a summary of captured metadata (process group name, version, stage, product, technologies, instances, throughput, problems, and security vulnerabilities) and links to the process group where the release is deployed.
- Instances shows the number of deployments of this release in a specific stage in the context of a specific product.
- Throughput shows how much traffic is routed to the selected release.
- Problems shows the number of open impacted problems related to the process group instance of the release.
Note: If Dynatrace detects problems in the release, Problems is displayed in red. Select it to display the Problems page and gather more information. See Problem overview for details.
- Security vulnerabilities shows the number of security vulnerabilities related to the selected release. This helps you check if, for example, a new release would introduce a known vulnerability and, based on this, decide on its impact on and relevance to your release schedule.
Note: If Dynatrace detects security vulnerabilities in the release, Security vulnerabilities is displayed in red. Select it to display the Security page and gather more information. See Application Security monitoring for details.
Shows hosts with basic metrics where the release is deployed and links to the host page for further analysis.
Shows all events corresponding to the selected release, such as process restart and deployment events.
Shows issues from the external issue trackers related to the selected release.
For additional insights into Release monitoring, check our Dynatrace University tutorial: