Multiple monitoring environments
You can set up and monitor separate Dynatrace monitoring environments with a single Dynatrace account.
When you set up multiple monitoring environments:
- Each monitoring environment shares the same user base and other account settings.
- The data collected from each monitoring environment is kept separate.
- It's easy to switch between monitoring views for separate environments to track the performance and availability of each environment.
There are several reasons people choose to create separate monitoring environments.
- You may want to monitor your organization's development, staging, and production environments separately.
- You may want to maintain a separate monitoring environment for each of your organization's data centers.
Set up multiple monitoring environments
How you set up different monitoring environments depends on whether you use Dynatrace SaaS, Dynatrace Managed or Dynatrace for Government.
|Deployment type||How set up different monitoring environments|
|SaaS||Please contact a Dynatrace ONE product specialist by selecting the chat button in the upper-right corner of the Dynatrace menu bar. A product specialist will make sure you get what you need.|
|Managed||You can use the Cluster Management Console. For details, see Manage your monitoring environments.|
|Dynatrace for Government||Please contact your Dynatrace representative.|
Connect my multiple environments
With multiple environments, monitoring data is strictly separated by design. Environments do not automatically receive information one from another.
In some scenarios, however, you might need to connect your environments. For example:
- To trace calls between services monitored in different Dynatrace environments, you can configure cross-environment tracing. For details, see Cross-environment tracing.
- To display metrics from remote environments on your local environment's dashboards, you can set up cross-environment dashboard tiles. For details, see Create remote/multi-environment Dynatrace dashboards.