Get started with Dynatrace Managed
The Dynatrace software intelligence platform provides an on-premises deployment option called Dynatrace Managed. With Dynatrace Managed, you get automated support from our Mission Control team. For full details, see Dynatrace Managed Mission Control and Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Obtain a Dynatrace Managed license
To obtain a license for Dynatrace Managed, contact Dynatrace Sales. Your Sales rep will provide you with further details. Dynatrace monitoring is licensed based on consumption of various types of monitoring units, which you purchase and consume based on your monitoring needs. For details, see How to calculate monitoring consumption.
Once an agreement is reached, you'll receive an email that includes your license details as well as instructions on how to set up your Dynatrace Managed Cluster.
Set up your Dynatrace Managed cluster
To properly set up your Dynatrace Managed cluster, you should first identify the deployment model that best suits your needs. Subsequently, you can install Dynatrace Managed to create your first cluster node. You can add more nodes at any time.
Install OneAgent and ActiveGate
Fine tune your environment
You can now access your home dashboard, by logging in to your Dynatrace monitoring environment. All monitoring data should be there already. However, some additional post-deployment steps are required.
- Define your applications landscape using My web application.
- Make sure that the auto-detected processes meet your expectations and fit your needs. If this is not the case, you can adapt the composition and/or naming of the default process groups.
- Customize your dashboard according to your preferences and needs. You can create separate dashboards for your most important applications or you can create a dashboard showing the health for your most critical infrastructure components.
- Set up the required notifications. In case you want to modify the conditions under which you want to be notified, you can also set up customized alerting rules.
- Define management zones to filter all Dynatrace views so that your organization's teams only see the metrics that are related to the entities that they are responsible for monitoring.