Troubleshoot chat issues
If you are a Dynatrace customer, you can chat directly with our product experts through live chat. Simply sign in to your account and start a new conversation.
In the latest Dynatrace, select Live chat in the Support resources menu.
In the previous Dynatrace, select the chat button in the upper-right corner.
Use this page to learn how to troubleshoot issues with Dynatrace chat.
Chat loading issues
Can't see the chat button
If you're a Dynatrace SaaS customer and don't see the chat button, please create a support ticket.
If you're a Dynatrace Managed customer and don't see the chat button, see Chat issues specific to Dynatrace Managed.
"Chat is still loading" message
Please create a support ticket if this issue persists for more than a few seconds.
"Dynatrace live chat failed to load" message
This message indicates that a proper connection to the chat servers can't be established.
To troubleshoot this issue, select Troubleshoot connection issues in the message pane.
- Make sure that you allow the following endpoints in your firewall configuration:
- Make sure that there's no interference from browser plugins or your network firewall (such as blocking all web socket connections).
Chat issues specific to Dynatrace Managed
Your Dynatrace administrator has the option to disable chat for your Dynatrace Managed environment. If you can't see the chat button, ask your administrator to verify the configuration as follows.
- In the Cluster Management Console, go to Settings > Preferences.
- Make sure Enable live, in-product assistance with our Product Experts is turned on.
"You're not authenticated" message
Every six months, you must sign in to your Dynatrace Managed cluster via SaaS SSO to verify your user credentials across clusters. Sign in using the Login button in the message pane.
"Missing Dynatrace account" message
You're missing a Dynatrace Community account or don't have an email address configured. Please reach out to your Dynatrace administrator to configure the Dynatrace community account. After your administrator has configured the account, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to create the Dynatrace Community account.
- Follow the instructions to create your account.
- After the account is created, select the chat icon. The message You're not authenticated is displayed.
- Select Login and enter the email address and password you specified when creating the account.
"Custom url detected" message
Dynatrace users can only be authorized to access chat via the public domains configured by your Dynatrace administrator. For details on configuring these public endpoints, see DNS configuration for Dynatrace Managed.