ActiveGate version 1.175+ has the plugin module installed by default.
To run ActiveGate plugins you need to install the ActiveGate on host that has access to your remote technology.
- Sign in to Dynatrace and go to Deploy Dynatrace.
- Click the Install ActiveGate button in the Install ActiveGate to extend your monitoring section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Choose the default Route traffic, monitor cloud environments, monitor remote technologies with plugins installation option.
After successful installation, you should see two running services:
- Dynatrace Gateway responsible for running ActiveGate
- Dynatrace Remote Plugin Module responsible for running ActiveGate plugin module
ActiveGate is now ready to execute your plugin. Go ahead deploy your first plugin. See Write your first ActiveGate plugin for more information.