Troubleshoot Dynatrace OpenKit instrumentation
Find out how to solve problems that you may encounter when integrating OpenKit.
If no data is sent to the custom application, check the following:
- Verify that you're using an official OpenKit release.
- Verify that you used the correct property values that are provided in your custom application settings. For details, see Instrument your application using Dynatrace OpenKit.
- Confirm that Dynatrace and your Cluster ActiveGate are reachable from your company network.
- Confirm that the ActiveGate is configured with a valid SSL certificate.
- Check if the OpenKit log output contains messages that indicate connection problems. For details, see Dynatrace OpenKit logging.
- As of April 2022, Dynatrace no longer supports TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for Dynatrace SaaS Real User Monitoring (RUM) data. Now Dynatrace SaaS only supports TLS 1.2+. For this reason, using a .NET Framework version lower than 4.7 might require additional configuration.
- Check What does a 'Max. user actions per minute exceeded' message mean? if you see this message in the Dynatrace web UI.