ActiveGate version 1.175+ has the plugin module installed by default.
To run ActiveGate extensions, you need to install the ActiveGate on a host that has access to your remote technology.
- Sign in to Dynatrace and go to Deploy Dynatrace.
- Click Install ActiveGate in the Install ActiveGate to extend your monitoring section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Choose the default Route traffic, monitor cloud environments, monitor remote technologies with plugins installation option.
After successful installation, you should see two running services:
- Dynatrace Gateway—responsible for running ActiveGate
- Dynatrace Remote Plugin Module—responsible for running the ActiveGate plugin module
ActiveGate is now ready to execute your plugin. Go ahead and deploy your first plugin. See Write your first ActiveGate extension for more information.