Manage SAP Hana Database extensions
Dynatrace provides you with a framework that you can use to extend your application observability into data acquired directly from your SAP Hana Database layer, so that you can monitor how database server tasks impact your app.
Start by checking Dynatrace Hub to see if the Dynatrace-provided PostgreSQL Database Server extension satisfies your requirements.
Before you begin
Designate an ActiveGate group or groups that will remotely connect to your SAP Hana Database server to pull data. All ActiveGates in each designated group need to be able to connect to your SAP Hana Database server.
Manage SAP Hana extensions
Dynatrace Hub provides a unified workflow to enable and manage extensions that will ingest SAP Hana Database data into your Dynatrace environment.
Required permission: Change monitoring settings
- From the Dynatrace menu, go to Dynatrace Hub.
- Search for the SAP Hana extension.
- Select Add to environment.
- Select Add monitoring configuration.
SAP Hana JDBC driver
The SAP Hana Database extension requires the driver jar file to be manually put to the ActiveGate host location.
To define the SAP Hana Database server, put
ngdbc.jar file in the following location:
- Select Add SAP Hana endpoint to define the SAP Hana Database servers from which you want to pull data. You can define up to 100 endpoints. Provide the following connection details:
- Authentication credentials
- Only basic authentication is supported.
- Authentication details passed to Dynatrace when activating monitoring configuration are obfuscated and it's impossible to retrieve them.
- You can use credential vault to provide a more secure approach of storing and managing user credentials.
- Select Next step.
- Select the ActiveGate group to determine which ActiveGates will run the extension.
- Select Next step.
- Provide final configuration details:
Text explaining details of this particular monitoring configuration. When your teams are troubleshooting monitoring, this can give them important details.
- Feature sets
In highly segmented networks, feature sets can reflect the segments of your environment. You can use them to limit your monitoring to particular segments. Feature sets are predefined for each extension.
- Select Activate.
Monitoring configuration as JSON
The extension activation wizard contains a dynamically updated JSON payload with your monitoring configuration. See Extensions 2.0 lifecycle to learn how to use it to activate an extension using the Dynatrace API.