Dynatrace binds imported data to appropriate entities. For example, here's what you can achieve for a Java application connecting to the Alibaba MongoDB cloud:
- OneAgent monitors the Java application.
- A Dynatrace ActiveGate plugin for Alibaba monitors the Alibaba MongoDB cloud.
- Data from an Alibaba MongoDB node is mapped to a custom device entity in Dynatrace.
- Cluster data is bound to an entity that represents the cluster.
- Dynatrace associates data discovered via OneAgent with data from plugins.
This means you have transactional visibility into requests coming from the application monitored via OneAgent to the technology monitored by the ActiveGate plugin. The AI works the same way as for all out-of-the-box supported technologies.