The process of monitoring the user experience of your native mobile apps is fundamentally different from monitoring browser-based web applications. This is because mobile-app monitoring involves the compilation, packaging, and shipment of a monitoring library along with your own mobile application package. To monitor your mobile application, you need to instrument OneAgent for iOS. For the supported Android versions, check OneAgent supported technologies and versions.
Mobile OneAgent monitoring capabilities
OneAgent for iOS provides visibility into:
- Activity lifecycle
- User actions, such as button and menu item clicks
- Web requests
- Custom values
- User identification via tagging
How to get started
Prior to instrumenting OneAgent, you need to create a mobile application in your monitoring environment through which you will be able to monitor your actual mobile application:
- Select Deploy Dynatrace in the navigation menu.
- Click the Set up mobile monitoring button. You'll be redirected to a page where you enter the name of your mobile application.
- Once you've provided a name for your app, click Create mobile app. This step creates a new mobile app within Dynatrace.