Cluster ActiveGate can be installed either on Linux or Windows.
- A machine dedicated to Cluster ActiveGate that has:
- 1 GB free disk space
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 1 dual core processor
- A working instance of Dynatrace server
- Administrator credentials for the servers where the Dynatrace Managed node will be installed
- An up-to-date Linux distribution supported by Dynatrace Managed
- Proper network port configuration
- Your operating system must handle at least
500000open files for the
rootuser (Note: To view the system limit, execute the following command:
cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max. Encountering problems?).
Download the installer
Downloading the installer is easy—just follow the steps below.
Log into your Dynatrace Server and select Home from the navigation menu to enter the Dynatrace Cluster Management Console.
Click the browse [...] button and select Add new Cluster ActiveGate.
Choose the operating system on which you would like to install the Cluster ActiveGate.
For Windows, download the installer. For Linux, copy the
wgetcommand line and paste it into your terminal window. Make sure to copy the command directly from the cluster page because the command contains your cluster master address.
Run the installer
You'll need root rights to install a Cluster ActiveGate. You can use
sudo to run the installation script. To do this, type one of the following commands into the directory where you downloaded the installation script.
sudo /bin/bash psg-installer.sh
su -c '/bin/bash psg-installer.sh'
Windows: To install a cluster ActiveGate, run the executable file using administrator rights and follow the displayed instructions.
After a few validation steps, ActiveGate is automatically installed and connected to the cluster nodes.
- Distribution path:
- Dynatrace Server data files:
- Cluster ActiveGate configuration:
- Log files directory:
The installer also optimizes operating system settings:
- Swap is turned off (using
PREROUTING" rules are enhanced to enable communication forwarding to Dynatrace Server (HTTPS to port 8021). To see the exact rules, type
iptables -L -vt natin your terminal.
readaheadpage cache is set to 512.
- Limits for users are changed globally (unlimited locked-in-memory address space, unlimited address space, increased limit for number of processes and open files).