For full-stack monitoring of Kubernetes clusters, you need to roll-out Dynatrace OneAgent on each cluster node. Dynatrace offers OneAgent Operator to automate the management, updates, and roll-outs of new Dynatrace OneAgent versions.
|Kubernetes full-stack monitoring
||Kubernetes application-only monitoring
- For Kubernetes environments that allow the running of privileged containers on nodes
- Out-of-the-box, automated cluster and workload monitoring
- Set up once and monitor everything with Dynatrace OneAgent
- Dynatrace OneAgent auto-injection of code modules into pods for full-stack monitoring
- Rolled out via Kubernetes-native vehicles like OneAgent Operator or DaemonSet
- For locked-down K8s-based environments
- Workload monitoring on a per Docker image basis, no cluster nodes visibility
- Dynatrace OneAgent code modules integrated with every Docker image
- Dynatrace OneAgent universal-injection of code modules
- Rolled out as part of normal Kubernetes workloads
Installation and operation
For the following integrations, use the same approach as used for Kubernetes.
Leverage tags defined in Kubernetes deployments