Dynatrace full-stack monitoring for Cloud Foundry integrates seamlessly with BOSH deployments. Dynatrace provides a OneAgent BOSH Release that you can use as an add-on to deploy OneAgent to your cluster VMs, including Routers, Diego cells and others. The BOSH release also covers deployment of OneAgent to Windows Diego cells, thereby enabling automatic monitoring of .NET Framework based applications. You can also download the Dynatrace OneAgent BOSH add-on from the Pivotal Network.
Full-stack monitoring enabled by the OneAgent BOSH release offers the following benefits:
- Cloud Foundry foundation-health monitoring for facilitating platform and resource optimization
- Monitoring insights into all Cloud Foundry components, including Gorouters, Diego cells, Auctioneers, and more
- Health metrics for each Cloud Foundry VM, including Memory usage, CPU usage, Disk space usage, and Network IO
- Automatic monitoring of Cloud Foundry applications, down to the code and query level, thanks to built-in auto-injection for Garden-runC containers
- Automatic distributed service tracing, which provides an overview of the health of your entire microservices architecture
Please note, to benefit from Cloud Foundry application monitoring down to the code and query level, you need to enable Dynatrace Garden container monitoring by going to Settings > Monitoring > Monitored technologies. On the Monitored technologies tab, scroll down and enable the Garden container switch.