Azure App Service allows you to run and scale your applications effortlessly on Windows or Linux, using a fully managed platform. Dynatrace offers the following capabilities for Azure App Service.
- Limited full-stack monitoring powered OneAgent.
- Extension for easy deployment of OneAgent
- Integration of Azure monitor metrics
- Enhanced support for Azure App Service metadata such as compute mode, SKU, Webapp Sitename and more.
- Automatic service detection of services running in App Services
Since Azure App Services are a fully managed hosting platform, applications are deployed into a sandboxed environment that doesn't allow direct access to the underlying operating system. This results into some restrictions for OneAgent:
- No Log Analytics
- I/O monitoring requires Azure Monitor integration
- Code-module support limited to .NET/.NET Core, Java, Node.js and IIS
The Azure App Service Extension functionality is currently only available for App Services (Web Apps, API Apps and Mobile Apps) on Windows.