Customer Support typically requires certain basic information in order to analyze an issue. We recommend that you provide the necessary data when the ticket is opened. If the data required to investigate your ticket is not available, Customer Support will request that you supply the missing information.
How to describe the issue
Please be prepared to provide the following information when submitting a problem to Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring Customer Support:
A detailed description of the problem, including:
The Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring account name and username.
- Account name – Click > <your username>. The account name is listed at the top of the Login section of the My profile page.
- Username – Give us the username you use to log in to the Dynatrace Portal.
The following information about your Portal environment:
- Your operating system and version, including any OS updates
- The browser (including the version) in which the Portal is displayed
- Your IP address
The actual vs. expected result or behavior.
The specific time frame involved (was it a one-time issue or recurring? has it happened before?).
What you were doing when the problem occurred
How to reproduce the issue: be as specific as possible.
The description of any recent relevant circumstances (such as website changes or maintenance).
Which components of the Portal are affected: such as charting, alerting, instant tests, etc.
The browser that you are using: Does the behavior happen on all browsers or just one? List browser names and versions.
What operating system you are using.
Screenshots illustrating the issue as well as the text of any error messages shown.
Exact test names and/or affected nodes.
The ticketing system allows attachments up to 500MB per file. If you need to provide a file to us that exceeds this limit, please let us know and we will provide an upload location.
How to select the severity
1 – Critical
The Dynatrace product or service is down, the monitored production application is down, or there is a major malfunction resulting in business revenue loss and a critical impact to the service affecting a majority (>90%) of users as a result of a Dynatrace product or service issue. No workaround is available.
- All users have problems accessing the entire Portal Platform.
- All nodes are suddenly unavailable and not producing data.
- Product or Service is crashing, restarting, down or unavailable.
- A critical documented feature / function is not available.
2 – Severe
A significant loss of major functionality or a performance degradation results in a severe impact for a significant number (>50%) of users. No reasonable workaround is available.
- Problems accessing two or more services in the Portal platform.
- Unavailability of one or more Private Agents.
- Most existing tests are suddenly failing at or near 100% or showing extremely high response times.
- Sudden unavailability of multiple nodes.
- Inability to generate interactive charts due to error or other Portal issue.
- Alert notifications not being received as expected.
- Unavailability of Web Services or REST API.
3 – Moderate
A moderate loss of product functionality or performance issue impacts multiple (fewer than 50%) users or may have unexpected results. A reasonable workaround is available.
- A single test is failing.
- Unavailability of a single node.
- Existing scripts (which used to run successfully) are now failing in the Dynatrace Recorder, possibly due to website or internet routing changes. (note: please try to re-record the script before opening a new ticket).
- Errors in Benchmark tests due to changes in website.
- Reporting scheduled maintenance for Benchmark tests.
- Unexplained missing data for a test.
- Low availability (test failing) or high response time on a test.
- Missing FTP files and/or request to regenerate.
- Urgent questions on product usability and/or functionality (please describe immediate need).
- Existing PLM machine has stopped running test or fails to check in.
- Scheduled report missing or not able to be generated.
4 – Low
A feature of the service is not functioning correctly, but with little or no impact on production applications, data quality, or data access. This may also be an inquiry regarding a routine technical issue, a general question, an issue reported in an end-of-life product or legacy product version, or an issue that is resolved in later releases.
Inquiry regarding a routine technical issue or a general question.
Cases reported on end-of-life versions or products.
Newly created scripts which require assistance to run successfully (to achieve initial success).
Please note that you must provide us with an existing script. We cannot create the initial script.
Request to cut data.
Unable to run tests on PLM machine (new setup).
Request for product or feature documentation.
To request a new feature or product enhancement or change to an existing feature or product, refer to the Dynatrace Synthetic Product Ideas forum.