Any test can also be edited in the Web Recorder.
Use the Editing Wizard in the Dynatrace Portal to edit single or multiple tests of different types or the same type at the same time.
You can also create or modify alert settings for multiple Backbone, Mobile, and Private Last Mile tests
When editing a single test for a test type:
- Modify the original settings provisioned for the test.
- Configure additional (advanced) settings.
- For Backbone, Mobile, or Private Last Mile tests, create or modify alert settings.
When editing multiple tests, only common settings can be edited. See Editing Multiple Tests, below, for more information.
The Portal restricts Mobile-SMS tests (tests that contain SMS actions) so that they only run on locations that support SMS. The Dynatrace Portal does not have this restriction. Therefore, when editing a Mobile-SMS test originally configured in the Dynatrace Portal, locations that do not support SMS are automatically removed from the test. If you edit the test and save the changes, the non-SMS locations are permanently removed from the test in the Dynatrace Portal and in the Dynatrace Classic Portal.
Select the following links to view more information about test settings:
- Backbone basic and advanced settings
- Backbone alert settings
- Last Mile basic and advanced settings
- Mobile basic and advanced settings
- Mobile alert settings
- Private Last Mile basic and advanced settings
- Private Last Mile alert settings
Using the Edit a <TestType> Test page
Click > Tests. The Tests page appears.
Select the tests to edit by doing one of the following:
Click a test name in the table.
Search for tests:
- Enter search criteria and click to display the search results in the test search window.
- Click without a search term to list all available tests in the test search window.
The pages that appear depend on whether you selected to edit one or multiple tests.
Editing a single test
- From the Edit a <TestType> Test page, select a tab and edit the values. You will not lose the changes made on a tab by selecting a different tab.
- Click Update to update the information on a tab or Update and Finish to submit any changes across all tabs and return to the Tests page or Alerts page.
Editing multiple tests
Use the multiple test edit feature to make changes to the common settings of several Backbone, Last Mile, Mobile and Private Last Mile tests at one time.
To use this feature, select the tests to edit to display the Edit Multiple <TestType> Tests page. This page displays the settings that can be edited. Note the following:
- The Common Settings tab displays the settings that you can edit. Settings that do not appear on this tab cannot be edited for multiple tests.
- You can edit up to 25 tests at one time per test type.
- While you can add or edit alert settings, you cannot edit or create step level alerts for multiple Backbone tests.
When editing multiple Last Mile tests (Single URL, Transaction, or both), the number of measurements available to allocate for a test will be the lowest value available for a Last Mile test regardless of the type of Last Mile test being edited.
Editing multiple tests of the same test type
Edit the values from the Edit Multiple <TestType> Tests page. See the next section, Editing Multiple Tests, for more information on editing multiple tests.
Click Update and Finish to submit the changes and display the Tests page or Alerts page (Backbone tests).
Editing multiple tests of different test types
A Test List section appears at the top of the settings page that lists each test you selected to edit and its status.
To remove a test from editing, click . When a test is removed from editing, the Edit Multiple <TestType> Tests page reloads, and the locked or unlocked status of the settings may change.
Locked and unlocked icons appear next to each setting.
- Unlocked – An unlocked icon appears next to the settings where the value for the setting is the same for each test you selected. This icon indicates that you can edit the values for this field; the value that appears here is the common value. To change the ability to edit the field, click the icon. The icon changes to a locked icon and the settings are disabled and cannot be edited. If the value of this setting was changed before locking it, this setting is not updated.
- Locked – A locked icon appears next to settings where the value for the setting is different for each test selected. This icon indicates that you cannot edit the values for this field. The field is disabled and no value is shown. Click the lock icon to unlock this setting. The unlock icon appears and a value for this setting can be selected. No default value appears when the setting is unlocked.
When you finish editing, only unlocked settings are updated. If you unlocked a setting for a required field and did not specify a value, an error message appears prompting you to select a value.
The editing pages appear in order by test type:
- Last Mile
- Private Last Mile
After editing the Backbone tests, click one of the following. The available buttons depend on which test type you're editing and which other types, if any, are next in the sequence.
- Update – Update the edited test(s) while remaining on the current page to make more changes.
- Update and Next – Submit the changes made to the current test(s) and display the editing page for the next test type.
- Skip and Next – Cancel any changes in the current page and display the editing page for the next test type.
- Update and Finish – Submit all changes and return to the Tests page.
Searching for tests to manage
To find a test, enter part of the test name in the Search for Tests field in the Tests page, then press Enter or click the search icon to display the Test Management: Tests page. If you're not sure of the test name, just click the search icon.
Use this page to select the Backbone, Last Mile, Mobile, and Private Last Mile tests to manage.
Note the following:
- Search results are updated dynamically as the search criteria is entered or changed.
- Benchmark folders for Last Mile are excluded. These folders are not included in the list of folders shown or in the search results.
- The recommended limit for the number of tests selected at one time is 25. Selecting more than 25 tests may cause issues when editing a test.
Test Management: Tests page
The search page is divided into three sections:
- The search field for entering search criteria. Filters are available through a link next to the field.
- The Items to Edit section that displays the selected items.
- The Search Results section that displays search results.
For all tables shown on this page:
- The basic search searches for active tests in all categories. Use filters to change the search criteria.
- Customize the columns that appear in any table by clicking located in the far right corner of the table.
- Select a column to sort it.
At the top of the page is a search field to enter the search criteria.
Basic search searches for active tests in all categories for all products. Filters are also available to search for tests.
Enter the search criteria in the field.
Optionally, select filters to make it easier to find tests.
- Click Show Filters, located to the right of the search field, to display the filters.
- Click Hide Filters hides these filters.
- Click Reset to reset the filters to their default values.
Select the filters to use.
The items that match the search criteria appear in the table.
Items to Edit section
In the middle of the page is the Items to Edit section which lists all of the selected tests.
This section is empty if no tests have been selected.
The following columns appear by default:
- Project/ Folder/Application Name
- Test/Path Name
- Step/Page Name
In this section:
- Click Hide to hide this section on the page.
- Click Show to redisplay this section.
- To remove an item, select it and click Remove.
Search Results section
Search results are listed in the Synthetic tab.
A Test tab appears on the right side of this section showing the number of search results found and displays the following information by default for each test:
- Test Name
- Modification Date
- Batch Name
- Select the tests to manage in the Search Results section. If you are selecting tests to edit, the recommended limit is 25 tests.
- Click Add. The tests appear in the Items to Edit section of the page.
- After confirming that these are the tests to manage, click Select, located at the bottom of the page.