Availability tests aren't listed in the Alerts page.
To go to the Alerts page to manage alert configurations (for Performance tests) and alert destinations, click > Alerts.
To view details of alerts triggered during a selected time period, click the alert icon at the top right corner of the Portal.
Use the Alerts page to:
- See which tests have alerts configured.
- View the alert destinations configured for your account.
- Send a sample alert for a Backbone test.
The Alert Configuration tab lists your account's tests and shows whether alerts are configured for them. The table provides the following information for each test:
- Test name
- Batch name
- Whether an alert is configured for the test
- Folder name
- Test type
Click the edit icon to select which of these columns to display.
Click an option in the right corner of the page to filter the table for:
- All Alerts
- Enabled Alerts Only
- Disabled Alerts Only
Filter the test list
To find a specific test, enter any part of the test name in the search/filter field . To list all the tests in a folder, enter any part of the folder name. Click Show all to view all alerts again for the selected option.
Enable or disable all alerting
Click Edit account-wide alerts to open the Alert Preferences for <AccountName> page from which you can enable or disable all alerts.
Edit or preview alerts
Click the Action cell for a test and then click the Action menu in the cell to:
- Edit - Go to the Edit a <TestType> Test: <TestName> page to modify the alert settings and optionally modify other Backbone or Private Last Mile test settings.
- Send sample alerts – Sample alerts are only available for Backbone tests.
The Alert Destinations tab lists all of the alert destinations configured for your account.
For each alert destination, it shows:
- The destination name
- Who created the alert destination
- Who last modified the destination
- Type of delivery (email, URL, integration) and the template
You can sort the table by clicking a column head.
Click the Action cell for a destination and then click the Action menu to:
- Edit the alert destination – In the Edit an Alert Destination page, modify the settings and click Update.
- Copy the destination – To create a similar destination, create a copy and modify the settings as needed.
- Delete the destination – This option is not available if an alert that uses this destination has been triggered.
- Show Use – Display the Usage for Alert Destination: <AlertDestinationName> page to see the alerts that use this alert destination.
Create a destination
To create a new alert destination, click Create an alert destination above the table. For details, see Alert Destinations.
Create alerts for Backbone and Private Last Mile tests by editing the test after you provision it. Note that Mobile-over-Backbone tests are listed as Backbone.
The following table shows which alerts can be configured for the different Performance test types.
|Alert Type||Backbone||Mobile||Private Last Mile|
|Response time – test||X||X||X|
|Response time – step||X|
|Transaction Failure – test||X||X||X|
|Transaction Failure – step||X|
You can also add alerts when editing multiple tests; however, you can only create step-level alerts when you edit a single Backbone test.
When adding or editing an alert, you set these options:
- Activation – Enable or disable the alert.
- Thresholds – Select the threshold type and set the performance levels that will trigger an alert.
- Notifications – Specify where the alert should be sent.
For details, see:
Sending alerts to destinations
By default, every alert is sent to the Alert log.
You can configure an alert to send notifications to an email address, pager, URL, network management system (NMS), or mobile device. Alerts for Backbone tests can also be sent to certain incident management and team communication applications.
In the alert settings, you can select from existing destinations or create a new destination for the alert.
For details, see Alert Destinations.
Edit alerts for a test by editing the test:
- Select to edit the test from the Tests page.
- Select Edit from the Action menu in the Alert Configuration tab of the Alerts page.
Editing or creating alerts for multiple Performance tests
You can edit test-level alert settings when editing multiple Performance tests.
Select > Tests to display the Tests page.
Select the check boxes for the tests.
To find the tests, you can use the filters as described in Tests.
Click Edit selected above the test table.
The Edit <TestType> Tests page appears.
Click the Test Level Alerts tab and select the options for this alert.
If the locked icon appears next to an option, click the icon to unlock it. The icon changes to unlocked.
Click Update and Finish.
Creating maintenance windows for alerts
To suspend alerting during specific times, you can set up maintenance windows for alerts. During the alerts maintenance windows, the test will still run but no alerts will be triggered. Maintenance windows for alerts are only available for Backbone tests.
You can create alert maintenance windows for specific tests, or at the account level (test defaults).
- To create a maintenance window for an individual test, define the window in the Advanced Settings tab of the test settings.
- To add a maintenance window to multiple tests, use the Maintenance windows page.
- To create a recurring maintenance window to be applied to all tests by default, use the Maintenance windows page. When you define the maintenance window, you can choose to apply the maintenance window to existing tests, or only to new tests.
Enable or disable alerting for your account in the Account settings page.