Alert details are available for Performance tests (Backbone, Last Mile, Private Last Mile).
To display the Alert details page:
- In the Alert logs page, click an Alert Time for a Performance test.
- In the Test overview page, click an active alert tile.
This page displays the following details for the selected alert:
- Current status
- Alert identification
- Root Cause Analysis and performance chart – Initial, Reminder, or All Sites alerts
- Trending chart – Condition Improved alerts
- Alert details – For Backbone alerts, includes an Internet Health Map
- Test and alert settings
A color-coded banner at the top of the page shows the alert status, depending on the alert type:
- Response time – Warning (yellow), Severe (red), or Condition Improved (green)
- Transaction failure – Failed (red) or Condition Improved (green)
- Page object error – Failed (red) or Condition Improved (green)
- Byte limit exceeded – Failed (red) or Condition Improved (green)
Below the status banner, the alert is identified by the Alert Type, Alert Time, and Test Name.
Root Cause Analysis
For alerts with a progression of Initial, Reminder, or All Sites, the Root Cause Analysis section provides information to help you troubleshoot the problem(s) that triggered the alert. This analysis is based on data from the six hours before the alert was triggered.
- The trend chart plots response time and availability for the six-hour period. The average response time and availability are displayed next to the chart. Hover over a response time data point or an availability bar to view a popup that includes the timestamp, number of total test runs and failed runs, and the metric's value.
- The analysis table describes the cause of each problem that occurred, ranks the causes by their significance, and lists the date and time of the first occurrence.
- The problem types — e.g. availability, page content, or performance — are listed above the table.
- Click the host icon above the top right corner of the table to display a column that lists the affected hosts.
Drilldowns for further analysis
Click View in charts to the right of the trend chart to display the chart in the Trend details page. All of this page's features and drilldowns are available for data analysis and troubleshooting.
The Root Cause Analysis section includes a chart of response time and availability data for 4 hours before the alert was triggered. Icons identify test runs that had errors or failures .
Hover over a data point in the line/column combination chart to view:
- Test run time
- Number of test runs
- Number of test failures
- Response Time (line graph) or Availability (bar graph)
Next to the chart, the average Response Time and Availability values are listed for the time period shown in the chart. Click View in charts to view the Trend details page, where you can drill down for further analysis.
For Condition Improved alerts, the Alert details page displays a Trending chart instead of Root Cause Analysis. The chart includes data for the 4-hour period ending with the alert time.Click View in charts to go to the Trend details page, from which you can drill down for further analysis.
Alert details section
The content of the Alert Details section depends on the test type, type of alert, and alert progression.
For Backbone tests, the Internet health map shows the nodes that are in an alert status. Hover over a node to view the node's geographic location and alert status.For each node shown on the map, the table below the map lists the Site (node name); Test Time, IP Address, and information about the measurement or error that triggered the alert, depending on the alert type. Click a node icon on the map or the Site name in the table to view a performance chart in the Trend details page. The charted metrics depend on the alert type.
Private Last Mile
For Private Last Mile alerts, this section provides basic information about the tests that triggered the alert.
- Transaction Failure alert for a Private Last Mile test—The total number of tests, the number of tests above the threshold, and the availability percentage
Settings and information
The Settings and Information section lists test settings and alert settings, depending on the test type and alert type.