For information about the built-in dashboards that are available through the Business section of the navigation menu, see Business.
The operations dashboards created and accessed in the Dashboards page are a Beta feature as of the April 2017 release of the Synthetic Classic Portal. The classic operations dashboards are available through > Operations.
In the Dashboards page, you can create and share custom dashboards and operations dashboards for the data most important to you and your team.
To go to the Dashboards page:
- Click the dashboard icon at the top of any Portal page.
- Select My dashboards, Favorites, or Shared from the navigation menu .
The Dashboards page contains three tabs:
- My—This tab lists all the dashboards you've created. You can sort the list by clicking the column heads.
- Favorites—"Favorite" the dashboards you use most often to create a short, convenient list on this tab.
- Shared—The dashboards you and other account members make available to each other are listed here.
The Dashboards page includes your custom dashboards and operations dashboards.
- A custom dashboard contains tiles to display the measures (metrics) that provide the data you need for the tests of most interest to you, in the chart styles that best illustrate the data.
- An operations dashboard monitors the health of selected tests, as shown by the performance and availability for the tests.
The Type column identifies the dashboard type.
Display a dashboard
Click a dashboard name to display that dashboard.
Change the time frame
By default, custom dashboards display the last 1 hour of data. To change the time frame for the active dashboard, click the time at the top right and select the time frame. The new time frame is applied to all tiles on the dashboard that do not have a tile-specific time frame.
You can define a Quick or Custom time frame.
Quick time frame
By default, the time frame menu displays the Quick time frames. Select a time frame to display data for the selected length of time before the current time.
Custom time frame
Select Custom to set an exact date and hour for the start and end of the time frame. Click the Custom start and Custom end fields in turn to select the date and then select the hour. To save the new time frame, click outside the menu.
- The custom time frame displays data based on your account time zone. If your local zone is a different, take the time zone offset into account when viewing data for a custom time frame. For example, if the account time zone is Pacific Time but your local time zone is Eastern Time (three hours ahead of the account time), when you select 14:00 and 16:00 as the Custom start and Custom end, the chart displays data for 14:00 through 16:00 Pacific Time, which is 17:00 through 19:00 local time.
- The Custom start time is the time the period starts and the Custom end time is the hour the period ends. So if you choose and end time of 1:00 a.m., you will see data points through 2:00 a.m. in the tile.
In the screenshot below, the end time is 1:00 a.m. but the final data point is timestamped 1:30 a.m., and the time axis is marked through 2:00 a.m.
If you click through from Trend Details to Interactive Charts (View in interactive charts), you will see data through 2:00 a.m.
In the following figures, the Custom start is set as 3 April 2017, 8:00 (a.m.).
- Click in the Custom start field to display the calendar.
- Select the date. If necessary, click the arrow at the top left of the calendar to go to an earlier month.
- Select the hour.
- Click in the Custom end field and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- To apply the custom time frame, click outside the menu.
Copy a dashboard
You can create a new dashboard by copying a dashboard, including shared dashboards created by someone else.
In the Dashboards page, click the dashboard name to display the custom dashboard.
Copy the dashboard.
- On your own dashboard, click the More menu and select Copy.
- On a shared dashboard created by another user, click the Copy button.
In the popup window, assign a name to the new dashboard.
Click Copy and open.
The new dashboard is displayed.
Add, edit, and remove tiles as needed to configure the new dashboard.
Share a dashboard
When you create a dashboard, by default it is only visible to you.
You can share your dashboards by adding it to the Shared tab. Optionally, you can email a link to selected users in your account or to all users. People to whom you send the link must log in to the account to view the dashboard data.
Click the dashboard name to display the dashboard.
Click the share icon at the top-right corner of the portal to open the sharing dialog box.
Select the sharing option:
- Only you—By default, your dashboard is private.
- Specific users—After selecting this option, click Send invite to create an email message with a link to the dashboard. You can send out the message to users you want to invite to view your dashboard.
- All users—Selecting this option adds the dashboard to the Shared tab for all users in your account. Here too, you can optionally click Send invite to create a message inviting users to view your dashboard.
To make a shared dashboard private again, click the share icon , select Only you, and click Done.
When you revoke sharing, the dashboard is removed from the Shared tab. An emailed link will no longer open the dashboard.
Add a dashboard to your favorites
When you "favorite" a dashboard, it is added to your Favorites tab for easy access. You can also sort the My tab to list your favorite dashboards first.
- In the Dashboards page (My or Shared tabs), click the Favorite icon for the dashboard. The icon becomes solid .
- While viewing your own dashboard, click the More menu and select Add to favorites.
- While viewing a shared dashboard created by someone else, click Add to favorites.
Delete a dashboard
Deleting a dashboard cannot be undone. You will not be prompted to confirm the deletion.
In the My tab of Dashboards, select the dashboard.
The Delete button appears in the top-left corner of the page.
Click Delete, then Yes to confirm deletion.