For information about the built-in dashboards that are available through the Business section of the navigation menu, see Business.
In the Dashboards page, you can create and share custom dashboards and operations dashboards for the data most important to you and your team.
The operations dashboards created and accessed in the Dashboards page are a Beta feature as of the April 2017 release of the Dynatrace Portal. The classic operations dashboards are available through > Operations.
To go to the Dashboards page:
- Click the dashboard icon at the top of any Portal page.
- Select My dashboards, Favorites, or Shared from the navigation menu .
The Dashboards page contains three tabs:
- My – All the dashboards you've created. You can sort the list by clicking the column heads.
- Favorites – "Favorite" the dashboards you use most often to create a short, convenient list on this tab.
- Shared – The dashboards you and other account members make available to each other are listed here.
The Dashboards page includes your custom dashboards and operations dashboards.
- A custom dashboard contains tiles to display the measures (metrics) that provide the data you need for the tests of most interest to you, in the chart styles that best illustrate the data.
- An operations dashboard monitors the health of selected tests, as shown by the performance and availability for the tests.
The Type column identifies the dashboard type.
Display a dashboard
Click a dashboard name to display that dashboard.
Change the time range
By default, custom dashboards display the last 1 hour of data. To change the time range for the active dashboard, click the time icon at the top right above the dashboard and select the time range. The new time range is applied to all tiles on the dashboard that do not have a time range configured within the tile.
You can define a Quick or Custom time range.
Quick time range
By default, the time range menu displays the Quick time ranges. Select a time frame to display data for the selected length of time before the current time.
Custom time range
Select Custom to set an exact date and time for the start and end of the time range. Click the Custom start and Custom end fields in turn to select the date and then select the hour. To save the new time range, click outside the menu.
The custom time range displays data based on your account time zone. If your local time is a different time zone, take the time zone offset into account when viewing data for a custom time range. For example, if the account time zone is Pacific Time but your local time is Eastern Time (three hours ahead of the account time), when you select 14:00 and 16:00 as the Custom start and Custom end, the chart displays data for 14:00 through 16:00 Pacific Time — 17:00 through 19:00 local time.
In the following figures, the Custom start is set as 3 April 2017, 8:00 (a.m.).
- Click in the Custom start field to display the calendar.
- Select the date. If necessary, click the arrow at the top left of the calendar to go to an earlier month.
- Select the hour.
- Click in the Custom end field and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- To apply the custom time range, click outside the menu.
Copy a dashboard
You can create a new dashboard by copying a dashboard, including shared dashboards created by someone else.
In the Dashboards page, click the dashboard name to display the custom dashboard.
Copy the dashboard.
- On your own dashboard, click the More menu and select Copy.
- On a shared dashboard created by another user, click the Copy button.
In the popup window, assign a name to the new dashboard.
Click Copy and open.
The new dashboard is displayed.
Add, edit, and remove tiles as needed to configure the new dashboard.
Share a dashboard
When you create a dashboard, by default it is only visible to you.
You can share your dashboards by adding the dashboard to the Shared tab. Optionally, you can email a link to selected users in your account or to all users. People to whom you send the link must log in to the account to view the dashboard data.
Click the dashboard name to display the dashboard.
Click the share icon at the top right corner above the dashboard to open the sharing dialog box.
Select the sharing option:
- Only you – By default, your dashboard is private.
- Specific users – After selecting this option, optionally click Send invite to create a message in your email application and add a dashboard link to the message body.
- All users – Selecting this option adds the dashboard to the Shared tab for all users in your account.
To make a shared dashboard private again, click the share icon , select Only you, and click Done.
When you revoke sharing, the dashboard is removed from the Shared tab. An emailed link will no longer open the dashboard.
Add a dashboard to your favorites
When you "favorite" a dashboard, it is added to your Favorites tab for easy access. You can also sort the My tab to list your favorite dashboards first.
- In the Dashboards page, click the Favorite icon for the dashboard. The icon becomes solid .
- While viewing your own dashboard, click the More menu and select Add to favorites.
- While viewing a shared dashboard created by someone else, click the Favorite icon .
Delete a dashboard
Deleting a dashboard cannot be undone. You will not be prompted to confirm the deletion.
- In the My tab of the Dashboards page, select the dashboard.
The Delete button appears in the top left corner of the page.
- Click Delete, then click Yes to confirm the deletion.