Define warning and severe level thresholds for response time and availability for each test in a dashboard on the Edit Thresholds page.
By default, the Top 10 Most Active Tests dashboard has these thresholds for all tests:
- Warning Level – 4 seconds
- Severe Level – 7 seconds
- Warning Level – 98.5%
- Severe Level – 95%
You can specify different default values in the Performance Dashboards section in the Account Settings page.
The Performance dashboard shows the threshold status of response time and availability and the categories of tests using a color-coded system.
Severe – The test meets the criteria for a severe threshold.
Warning – The test meets the criteria for a warning threshold.
Good – The test is below the criteria specified for a warning threshold.
For more information on the rules that determine the color of the icons, see Legend and Navigation.
You can only configure the threshold for dashboards created under your username.
- Click in the upper left corner of the Performance dashboard to open the Edit Threshold page.
- For one of the tests in the dashboard, enter the number of seconds for the warning and severe thresholds.
Set the warning threshold to a lower value than the severe threshold.
- Enter the percentage value for the warning and severe thresholds for availability.
Set the warning threshold to a higher value than the severe threshold.
- Optionally, use the Action menu, as described below.
- Complete entering values for the remaining tests in this dashboard as described in steps 1-3.
- Click Submit. The Performance dashboard appears.
Click Reset, located in the upper right corner of the window, to reset all values on this page to their previous values.
Action menu in the Edit Thresholds window
The following options are available on the Action menu:
- Apply to All – Applies the values you entered for a metric to the same metric in all tests.
- Reset – Resets the threshold values to their original values for this test.
- Set to Default – Resets the threshold values to the default values for this test.