These Performance dashboard features enable you to configure, create, and manage the dashboards:
- Time frame
- Refresh rates
- Quick links
- Background color
- Managing dashboards:
Selecting the time frame
Use the time frame menu in the upper right corner of the page to display data for the selected time frame. The displayed time is based on the time zone configured for your account.
When you select a test to display the Response Time and Availability chart, the selected time frame determines the chart resolution — how often the data is aggregated into data points in the chart.
- Last 1 hour – Every 5 minutes
- Last 6 hours – Every 30 minutes
- Last 12 hours – Every 60 minutes (1 hour)
- Last 24 hours – Every 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Last 36 hours – Every 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Last 48 hours – Every 240 minutes (4 hours)
Even if the dashboard refreshes every 5 minutes, each data points are only displayed according to the defined aggregation for the selected range. For example, if you select Last 6 hours as the range, the chart will plot a data point every 30 minutes. The exact time of the first data point depends on when the data is first available from the data cache.
Refreshing the data on the dashboard
Below the dashboard name is the date and time that the dashboard was last refreshed.
The data can be refreshed automatically or manually. Select the refresh setting from the list to the right of the Last Refresh line:
- Auto Refresh – The dashboard is automatically updated every five minutes. When Auto Refresh is selected, you can't refresh the dashboard manually.
- No Refresh – The dashboard is not automatically updated. To update the dashboard manually, click the refresh icon next to No Refresh.
As explained above, as time progresses, each new data point will appear in the Response Time and Availability chart according to the data aggregation for the selected range. If the dashboard is refreshed between the most recent data aggregation time and the next, you won't see the data change.
Using quick links
Use the Quick Links menu on the dashboard page to:
- View a different dashboard.
Scroll to find a dashboard or use the search feature. To search for a dashboard, enter a search string in the field and click . The search results appear in the table dynamically as text is entered or changed.
Select the dashboard name.
- Click Create New at the bottom of the menu to display the Create Dashboard page.
- Click Manage Dashboards at the bottom of the menu to display the Manage Dashboard page.
An icon after the dashboard name indicates that this dashboard was selected for auto-cycling.
Selecting the background color for the dashboard
You can view the Performance dashboard with either a white or black background.
The white background is the default view. Click NOC View to switch the color of the background.
In NOC view, click Normal View to return to the white background.
Use the Manage Dashboard page to view all of the dashboards that are available for your account.
For each dashboard, this page lists:
- The name
- Creation date
- Indicates if the dashboard is the default dashboard
- Indicates if the dashboard is selected for the auto-cycle feature
To view this page, from the Quick Links menu, choose Manage Dashboards.
To return to the Performance dashboard from this page, click Back.
From the Manage Dashboard page:
- Create a dashboard
- Edit, copy, or delete a dashboard
- Edit thresholds
- Select the default dashboard
- Select dashboards for auto-cycling
To create a dashboard:
Do one of the following to display the Create Dashboard page:
- From the dashboard, click Create New from the Quick Links menu.
- From the Manage Dashboard page, click Create Dashboard.
Enter a name for this dashboard.
To select tests for the dashboard, enter a search string in the field and click .
The Select Tests for Performance Dashboard window displays the results of your search.
Entering a search string is not required: just clicking displays the unfiltered test list in this window.
Select the tests for this dashboard. You can select a maximum of 10 tests.
Click Add above the test list to add selected tests to the dashboard list.
When you have selected all the tests you need, click Submit at the bottom of the window.
The Create Dashboard page displays the list of selected tests.
Use the default thresholds or click Edit Test Thresholds to select the thresholds for the tests.
Setting the default dashboard
To specify the dashboard that appears automatically when you go to the Performance dashboard, select the dashboard in the Default column in the Manage Dashboard page and click Apply to Default and Cycle.
Selecting dashboards for auto-cycling
When auto-cycling is enabled, the Performance dashboard cycles displays each selected dashboard in turn every five minutes. The page also shows the amount of time until the next dashboard appears. This option may be valuable if you need to monitor more than one dashboard, such as in a NOC.
This option is disabled by default. When auto-cycling is enabled, manually refreshing the Performance dashboard is disabled.
To enable the auto-cycle feature:
- In the Manage Dashboards page, select a minimum of two dashboards from the Cycle column.
- Click Apply to Default and Cycle.
- In the main Performance dashboard page, click Cycle Dashboards from the Auto Refresh menu.
You can only edit dashboards that were created under your username.
- In the Action column for the dashboard, click Action > Edit Dashboard.
The Edit Dashboard page appears.
- Modify the dashboard and click Save.
- In the Action column for the dashboard you want to copy, click Action > Copy.
- Keep the default name, <DashboardName> - copy, or enter a new name for the dashboard.
- Optionally, add or remove tests from the dashboard.
- Click Save.
You can only delete dashboards that were created under your username.
- In the Action column for the dashboard, click Action > Delete.
- In the confirmation message, click Delete.
The dashboard no longer appears in the list of dashboard on the Manage Dashboard page.
You can only edit the thresholds for dashboards that were created under your username.
- From the Action menu, choose Edit Thresholds for the dashboard to modify.
The Thresholds for <DashboardName> page appears.
- Modify the thresholds values and click Submit.