To view Operations dashboards, select > Operations.
The Manage Dashboard page appears. This table lists the dashboards that are created for your account.
Review the dashboards to:
- Determine if any tests are in a problem state.
- Determine if a test is meeting a threshold.
- Change the parameters of the dashboard.
- Drill down to view additional information.
The information shown in a dashboard depends on the type of dashboard you created. Each dashboard has these features:
Viewing a dashboard in full screen mode
Click at the end of the timestamp to view the dashboard in full screen mode.
The navigation links and the ability to change parameters, described below, are not available in full screen mode.
Using navigation links
The following links appear at the top of many pages of the Operations dashboards:
- Quick Link – Select a dashboard to view. Define which dashboards appear here.
- Create Dashboard – Open the Create Dashboard page to create a dashboard
- Manage Dashboard – Open the Manage Dashboard page to manage your dashboards.
These links are not available when viewing a dashboard in full screen mode, on a drilldown page, or in a popup window.
Each dashboard shows the threshold status for end-to-end time and availability. The status of thresholds uses a color-coded system:
Good – The test is below the criteria for a warning level alert.
Warning – The test meets the criteria for a warning level alert.
Severe – The test meets the criteria for a severe level alert.
Unavailable – No threshold is configured.
After you define warning and severe level thresholds, each dashboard shows the status of these thresholds in the table cells:
- The table cells show a value and also indicate the status of two thresholds. The value shown in a table cell is the value for the metric you selected to view (the primary metric).
- The table cell background color indicates whether this primary metric value is below or exceeds the specified thresholds.
- Each table cell also contains a status icon - a small icon located to the right of the metric value which shows the threshold status of the secondary metric.
- By default, the dashboard is sorted by test status, then by primary or secondary metric.
For example, if you selected end-to-end time from the Metric menu in the Parameter section of the dashboard, the end-to-end time is the primary metric and the value shown in the table cell and availability is the secondary metric.
If the end-to-end time data is in a warning state, the background color is orange. But, if the test also has an availability value that is in a good state, the small icon to the right of the metric's value is green
In cases where the value represents a group of monitors, only applicable with the Backbone analyst dashboard, the cell background color code indicates the worst-case of any single test within the group compared with its predefined threshold for the selected metric.
Viewing additional information
Hover over a table cell to view more information:
- The test name (or Group Name if you selected a table cell for a group in the Backbone analyst dashboard)
- The time period
- The type of test
- The number of tests runs
- The thresholds for end-to-end time and availability. Not available for groups in a Backbone analyst dashboard.
- The metrics and their value. The metrics that appear here depend on whether this is a single URL test or a transaction.
- A test name to view an Average Response Time by Test, Viewed by Time interactive chart.
- A table cell or a status icon to view drill down pages that provide additional information.
The parameters that can be changed are located on the right side of the page for each dashboard and drilldown page, excluding the Drilldown Data Detail page.
The available parameters depend on the page and the dashboard. Not all of the parameters are available for every dashboard or drill down page.
There are four basic parameter groups:
- Metric – Select to view either end-to-end time or availability.
- Time – Select the time frame for which to view test results.
- Sort by – Dashboards only. Select whether the column you selected to sort by displays values in order of the selected metric or the secondary metric.
- View – Select to view data by:
- Backbone operations dashboard – Node, geography, or network.
- Backbone analyst dashboard – Node, region, country or network.
- Last Mile operations dashboard – Connection speed.
For Last Mile operations dashboards, optionally exclude test results based on throughput rates by entering values in the Trim by Machine Throughput fields. In the Above field, enter the lowest kbits/second rate to display in the dashboard; in the Below field, enter the highest kbits/second rate to display in the dashboard.
- Above – Enter the lowest kbits/second rate to display in the dashboard.
- Below – Enter the highest kbits/second rate to display in the dashboard.
Showing or hiding parameters
- Click Hide Parameters to hide the parameters.
- Click Show Parameters to redisplay the parameters.
Selecting different parameters
If the parameters are not visible, click Show Parameters to display them.
Select a different value for a parameter. For parameters in which you can select more than one value:
- Use the Shift key to select the adjacent value
- Use the Ctrl key to select multiple, non-adjacent values.
When you apply the new parameter settings, the new settings are saved and will be applied the next time you view the dashboard.
Viewing other dashboards
To view a different dashboard than the currently displayed dashboard:
- Select the dashboard from the Quick Link list, if the dashboard is included in this list.
- Click Manage Dashboard to open the Manage Dashboard page. Select a dashboard name to view the dashboard.
Use the Manage Dashboard page to select the dashboards that appear on the Quick Link list.