To use Screen Capture on Error or Screen Capture on Success (Mobile tests only), enable the option in the test settings.
SCoE is not available for Last Mile tests.
A maximum of 24 screenshots are stored for 4 days. Each screenshot is limited to 250 MB.
When screen captures are generated for a test, the screen captures are available through these Dynatrace Portal pages:
- Error analysis – In the Error list opened from the Error analysis page, expand an error to display the details. Click the thumbnail to display the screenshot in a popup window, or click View screen capture to open the Screen capture page.
- Raw scatter – Either click an "error" data point and select Screen capture in the popup window, or click Screen capture for a test execution in the Details table.
- Waterfall summary – Click View screen capture at the top of the page.
- Waterfall chart – Click View screen capture above the waterfall.
- Interactive charts – In the data table below the interactive chart, click the screen capture icon in the Action column.
Screen Capture on Error (SCoE) captures data when an availability error occurs. Screen Capture on Success (SCoS), available only for Mobile tests, captures the HTML and objects for each step of a transaction that ran successfully. The Screen capture page displays SCoE and SCoS data for one transaction from a single location at a point in time.
This page provides screen captures for each step that executed, source code, and HTTP header information. For specific network errors, route tracing is also provided.
Dynatrace Synthetic stores this information so you can visually review the transaction as it occurred at the time the test ran. This information is useful to confirm errors or solve problems related to the availability of a web application, or to review successful Mobile transactions that have SCoS enabled.
The following information is displayed at the top of the page for the selected text execution:
- Test name
- Date and time of the test execution
- Node (for Backbone and Mobile tests) or Machine ID (for Private Last Mile tests)
- Error code – Not displayed for Screen Capture on Success
- Error name – Not displayed for Screen Capture on Success
- Step in which the error occurred
The step indicators below the test information can be displayed as Thumbnails of the screen capture, or as Blocks color-coded to show success or failure. Select your preference from the Show results as list.
A step in which an error occurred is outlined in red. The step indicators don't include steps that weren't executed because the test failed in a preceding step.
Screen capture information
Click a tab below the thumbnails (or icons) to view the information for the selected step:
- Screen – The image of what the agent downloaded for the selected step.
- Unaltered source code – The page's HTML as it was downloaded by the agent.
- HTTP headers – The HTTP request and response header information for each object requested and received in the transaction.
- Trace route – If a network error caused a page failure, detailed routing information. This tab is only available for network errors.
Trace routes are executed against the first host encountered during the transaction that had a network error that caused the transaction to fail. Trace routes occur at the time of failure when the following error conditions occur:
- 10001 - Server Response Missing Status Line
- 10052 - Network Reset while trying to set timeout
- 10054 - Network Reset while trying to read from socket
- 10061 - Connection refused from java.net.ConnectException
- 11005 - Timeout connecting to socket
- 12000 - Connection timeout from java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
- 19999 - Unknown socket connection error
The reverse name lookups that convert the IP addresses to machine host names are completed at the time the SCoE is viewed in the Portal, using the IP addresses that were captured at the time the test ran.
Downloading SCoE or SCoS information
Click Download to download a ZIP file containing the SCoE or SCoS information shown on the page.
Drill down for data analysis
Click View waterfall at the top right corner of the page to go to the waterfall chart for the selected step indicator.