You can go to the Raw scatter page from:
Trend details – Click a datapoint in the trend chart and select Raw scatter.
Operational summary – Expand a test and click View raw scatter chart below the trend chart.
Test overview – Select the Performance/Availability tile, then click View raw scatter plot below the Performance and availability chart.
When you drill down from the Operational summary or Test overview page, the scatter chart displays a datapoint for each test execution in the parent chart's time frame.
When you drill down from the Trend details page, the Raw scatter chart displays a datapoint for each test execution that was aggregated in the selected datapoint. The time frame configured for the parent chart is not applied to the scatter chart, but the time resolution determines the aggregate data for the selected datapoint and therefore the time frame of the scatter chart. For example, if the parent chart's resolution is one hour and you select a datapoint timestamped 08:00, the scatter chart displays a datapoint for every test run within the hour beginning at 08:00. The data in the Raw scatter page is automatically refreshed every 5 minutes.
The page includes data tables on two tabs:
- The Summary table lists the average measure values for the test for the charted time period, as shown in the figure above.
- The Details table lists the timestamp, test name, test location, error code and description (if any), and value of the charted metric(s) for each datapoint.
View chart and/or table
By default, the Raw scatter page displays both the chart and the tables in the Summary and Details tabs. You can select to view only the chart or only the tables.
Change the time frame and resolution
To change the time frame, click the time frame at the top right corner of the chart and select from the menu.
For details about the time frame menu, see Dashboards.
If you drilled down from the Trend details chart for a custom dashboard tile, changing the Raw scatter time frame changes the time frame for the parent chart and dashboard.
You can't select a resolution (charting interval) for a Raw scatter chart. When you change the time frame, the resolution is automatically adjusted.
Filter the chart data
Use the filters in the left sidebar of the Raw scatter page to refine the data displayed in the chart. You can choose to view data just for specific items in any or all filter categories. For example, if you suspect that a performance issue is limited to certain measurement locations, you can filter the data to see just those locations instead of creating a new chart with the data split by location.
To filter the chart:
- Click the filter icon at the top left corner of the chart to display the filter list.
- Click the expand icon next to a filter category name to display the items in that category.
- Select the item(s) you want to include in the data.
When you apply a filter, all unselected items in that category are excluded from chart, but other categories are not affected.
To include multiple items from a category, click each item in turn; you don't need to hold down the Ctrl or Shift key for multiple selections. To undo selecting an item, click the item again.
When you select the first filter item, the Remove all filters control appears at the top of the filter pane. Each selected item is highlighted and displays a filter icon.
As you select each filter item, the chart is updated automatically with filtered data.
Working with filtered data
All Raw scatter features are available when you apply filters to the chart. You can change the time frame, view tooltip information, and drill down to other charts.
To remove an item from a filtered category, click the item. The highlighting and filter icon are removed and the chart is refreshed.
To quickly return to the unfiltered chart, click Remove all filters at the top of the filter pane.
The filters only persist while the Raw scatter page is open. When you return to the parent chart, the filters are removed.
View datapoint details
Hold the mouse pointer over a datapoint to display a tooltip with details about the datapoint, such as the measure name and value, the test execution timestamp, and the error code and description if an error occurred.
Compare two test executions
From the Raw scatter chart, you can compare two test executions in the waterfall chart, for example to view the differences between an execution that failed and one that ran without errors to identify objects that may be a factor in the failure.
Click the first datapoint, then click Compare datapoints in the tooltip.
Click the second datapoint.
The waterfall chart displays data for both test executions. The first selected datapoint is color-coded purple and the second is color-coded orange . If an error occurred, the error code is listed above the summary statistics for the test execution, in the chart header.
Drill down for data analysis
From the Raw scatter page, you can drill down to:
- Object data
- Test execution data in the Waterfall summary page
- The Error analysis pages, if errors occurred
- The Screen Capture page, if Screen Capture on Error is enabled for the test and errors occurred
- An Interactive chart of the raw data
View object data
To view the list of objects downloaded and chart one or more objects, do one of these:
- Click a datapoint in the chart, then click Objects in the tooltip to view the object list for that test execution.
- In the Summary table below the chart, click Objects to view the Object list for all the test executions in the scatter chart.
In the Object list, select one or more objects and click Chart to view the Object chart. You don't need to hold down the Ctrl or Shift key to select multiple objects. A selected object stays selected until you click it again.
The Object chart displays a line chart for each selected object for the time interval of the parent chart. Below the chart, a table lists each object's average measure value over the time interval. As in the parent charts, you can hover over a datapoint to see summary information.
Drill down to test execution data
To drill down from the Raw scatter page to the Waterfall summary page for a test execution:
- Click a datapoint in the chart, then click Waterfall summary in the tooltip.
- In the Summary table below the chart, click Waterfall summary to display the data for the first test execution within the time frame.
- In the Details table below the chart, click Waterfall summary for a test execution.
From the Waterfall summary page, you can drill down to the waterfall chart.
Go to error analysis
Test executions with errors are identified with the error icon in the chart. The number of errors is listed in the Summary table. Click the Errors value in the table to go to the Error analysis page, filtered for the test.
All Error analysis features are available when you drill down from the Raw scatter page. For example, you can:
- Change the time frame to see what errors have occurred during a selected time period.
- Use the circle charts to drill down to a specific error type, location, and step.
- Click Inspect errors to view the list of test executions with errors (filtered the same as the Error analysis page). From this page, you can view screenshots or go to the Waterfall summary for a selected test execution.
For more information, see Error analysis.
View screen captures
If an error occurred in a test execution and screen captures are enabled for the test, you can open the Screen Capture page from the Raw scatter chart:
- Click the datapoint with the error and select Screen capture.
- In the Details table, click Screen capture for the test execution.
For more information, see Viewing screen captures.
View in an interactive chart
To view the raw scatter chart data in an interactive chart, click the "more" icon at the right corner above the chart and select View in interactive charts. See below for more details.
You can configure the interactive chart, and drill down from it for data analysis. For more information, see Interactive charts. For more information about drilldowns available from the interactive chart, see Analysis workflow.