The OpenDataFeed web service method initializes a data feed session based on a number of user-defined criteria. A data feed session always exports a homogeneous data set based on the MonitorClassDesignator and DataDesignator specified when the session is initialized.
Use an OpenDataFeed request to open a session:
Use the following request parameters:
- sUsername – The account username
- sPassword – The account password
- iMonitorSetId - Requested set of the Dynatrace Portal Monitor/Test reference Identifiers—This set will be cross-referenced with the
MonitorClassDesignatorand only the requested monitors meeting the specified class criteria will be returned.
- iSiteIdSet - Requested set of the Dynatrace Portal site reference identifiers—Empty set denotes all sites.
- sMonitorClassDesignator - Specifies the type of data to be exported in the data set based on the common class of tests. Supported values are as follows:
|BROWSERTX||Data sets based on transaction tests running on browser agents|
|PRIVATE PEER||Data sets based on tests running on Private Peer Network|
|LASTMILE||Data sets based on tests running on Last Mile Network|
|MOBILE||Data sets based on tests running on Mobile Network|
- sDataDesignator - Specifies the levels of data in the data set returned to the client for the type of data specified with the
sMonitorClassDesignatorparameter. Supported values are as follows:
|ALL||Returns all levels of data available.|
|OBJECT||Returns SUMMARY, PAGE, and OBJECT level data. Mobile datasets will also include MOBILEEXT level data.|
|PAGE||Returns SUMMARY and PAGE level data. Mobile data sets will also include MOBILEEXT level data.|
|SUMMARY||Returns SUMMARY level data. Mobile data sets will also include MOBILEEXT level data.|
|TIMEGROUP||Returns aggregation data over specified time window, up to 24 hours. (See following parameter descriptions.)|
- sStartTime - Specifies the starting time boundary for the data set in the format
- sEndTime - Specifies the ending time boundary for the dataset in the format
- sOrderDesignator - Specifies how the data set will be ordered. Supported values are as follows:
|TIME||Orders data by time.|
|SITE||Orders data by site.|
|MONITOR||Orders data by monitor class.|
Use the Account Management API to retrieve the Dynatrace Portal monitor and site identifiers available to your account (for iMonitorIDSet and iSiteIdSet).
sMonitorClassDesignator values define what will be included in the retrieved data set. The supported combinations are listed in the following table.
|ALL||BROWSERTX||Summary, page, object, host, and connection-level|
|ALL||PRIVATE PEER||Summary, page, object, host, and connection-level|
|ALL||LASTMILE||Summary, page, object, host, and connection-level|
|ALL||MOBILE||Summary, page, object, host, connection, and mobileext-level|
|OBJECT||BROWSERTX||Summary, page, and object level only|
|OBJECT||PRIVATE PEER||Summary, page, and object level only|
|OBJECT||LASTMILE||Summary, page, and object level only|
|OBJECT||MOBILE||Summary, page, object, and mobileext-level|
|PAGE||BROWSERTX||Summary and page-level only|
|PAGE||PRIVATE PEER||Summary and page-level only|
|PAGE||LASTMILE||Summary and page-level only|
|PAGE||MOBILE||Summary, page, and mobileext-level|
|SUMMARY||PRIVATE PEER||Summary-level only|
|TIMEGROUP||BROWSERTX||Up to 24 hours of aggregated data|
The following are descriptions of the validation criteria for the OpenDataFeed request.
- Username - The supplied username is valid for the account.
- Password - The supplied password is valid for the account.
- MonitorIdSet - The set of Monitor IDs is valid for the account.
- SiteIdSet - The set of Site IDs is valid for the account.
- StartTime - The time window start boundary is valid.
- EndTime - The time window end boundary is valid.
- MonitorClassDesignator - The
sMonitorClassDesignatorvalue is valid.
- DataDesignator - The
sDataDesignatorvalue is valid.
- OrderDesignator - The
sOrderDesignatorvalue is valid.
Data Volume - The volume of data does not exceed the account constraints.
- Frequency - The request frequency does not exceed the account constraints.
- Concurrency - The request concurrency does not exceed the account constraints.