This resource returns benchmark test result data from the server. Use the available resource paths and parameters to constrain the returned benchmark test results in a variety of ways. For example, you can request:
- Benchmark test results for a set of tests based on a start time and end time
- Benchmark test results for a specific test
- Benchmark test results that match a filter definition
- Incremental benchmark test results that have been captured since your last request
These basic selection criteria can be used in different combinations to achieve a wide variety of results. If you don't use one of the optional filtering choices, the response will contain all available test results for all tests belonging to your account.
The following path provides default access to the
The following path limits the results to a specific test by adding a target monitor ID,
<monitorId>, to the resource path. A request to the tests resource will return a response payload that includes Monitor IDs in the
mid element/field (depending on the response data type).
GET <server>/publicapi/rest/v1.0/benchmarkresults /<monitorId>
To constrain the returned test results with a filter definition, you use the same paths as above but you issue a POST request instead of a GET. This is necessary to supply the filter definition as a payload for the request.
If you issue a POST request and omit the filter definition payload, the resource returns test results without filtering by monitor ID.
In the resource paths above, the
<server> address is
||Long||No||See description||A Unix (epoch) timestamp in milliseconds that specifies the start of the data collection period—The
||Long||No||Current time||A Unix (epoch) timestamp in milliseconds that specifies the end of the data collection period—The
||Specifies how your time range is compared to test result data.
Each test runs at a remote location. Its results are recorded, and transmitted back to the central database in the Dynatrace Synthetic Monitoring data center. The
||A comma delimited list of:
||This parameter controls the level of detail in the report.
HTTP request header parameters
|Header Name||Allowed Values||Required||Description|
||No||Determines the content type of the response data. The API supports JSON, XML and CSV. The default is JSON.|
||Yes||This header is required and must contain the access token returned by a login request. The
||No||Defines the content type the REST API accepts in the request payload. The only supported format is XML in UTF-8 encoding.|
Benchmark test result limitations
The Benchmark Test Result resource has the following limitations:
- Interval size: When you include start and end on your request, the resulting interval must not exceed 48 hours in length. If you require a longer interval, you must make multiple requests that use a smaller interval.
- Request frequency: For a given bearer token, the Benchmark Test Results resource allows one request per minute. If you need to issue several requests to the Test Results resource, you must space them out at least 60 seconds from each other.
- Repeated queries: For a given bearer token, the Benchmark Test Results resource does not allow you to request the same interval of data multiple times.