You can use a standalone NAM Console installer or you can use the full NAM installation set.
- Open the downloads page for NAM. You need to register with the site and obtain a login before you can access it.
- Download an installer. You can download a full installation set in one .iso file, or download a NAM Console installer separately if you don't need the full NAM installation set.
- Exit all other programs before running the setup program.
- Run the NAM Console setup file.
- When the installer starts, follow the upgrade steps in order.
Most of the Quick upgrade panels will contain automatically detected values from the existing installation. If you do not want to change these values, click Next to continue the upgrade.
If you want to review or change the settings, use the Full option where all settings can be modified, refer to the console installation topic where all of the installation steps are described.
If you need to change any information after upgrade, see Changing settings after you install the software.
Installer screen details
The information that follows refers to the full set of installer screens. If you choose the Quick upgrade, you will not see all of these screens.
Read the introduction to make sure you are installing the right product and the right version, and that you have seen any additional recommendations.
You need to read and accept the license agreement before you can install the software.
Existing installation detected
Both options will upgrade (or reinstall) the NAM software from the installer but preserve all of your configuration settings where possible.
- Quick will skip installation screens you don't need to update when installing the software. If a feature is new or changed, however, it will display that installation screen for you to configure.
- Full will step you through all installation screens so you can review the current settings and change them as necessary.
Both options will upgrade the software (or reinstall) from the installer but preserve all of your configuration settings where possible. The difference is in whether you want to review (and possibly change) your configuration.
Review this information and copy anything you might need later.
After you install
After you install the NAM Console, you should see:
- Dynatrace > NAM Console on the Windows Start menu
Dynatrace\NAM\Consolein your Windows Program Files directory
After you have installed the NAM Console and at least one NAM Server, verify that you can sign on to the NAM Server. All NAM sign-on activity automatically (and transparently) goes through your NAM Console, so you have to make sure every NAM Server in your deployment can see the NAM Console in your deployment.
Using the public URL for that NAM Server, make sure that you can:
- See the NAM Server in your web browser
- Sign on to the NAM Server
- Access the reports and other screens you need to access
Changing installation settings after you install the software
If you need to change a value (a URL, for example) that you set during installation:
- In Windows, open the Apps & features panel.
- Find the NAM Console in the list, click it, and select Uninstall to start the installer/uninstaller application.
Don't worry if Modify is unavailable. The Uninstall option will not uninstall anything unless you choose the Uninstall NAM Console option on the Welcome screen.
- When the change options are displayed, select the option you need:
- Change HTTP and SSL Server settings
- Change database user password
- Click Next to go to the configuration screens.
If the software must be stopped before you can make your changes, you will receive a warning. It may take a few moments to stop the software.