The NAM Console is a NAM configuration tool. It is a central location to administer your NAM deployment.
What you can do with NAM Console
- Maintain configuration images and device information.
- Administer general data collector and decodes configuration.
- Manage reporting configuration, alert management.
- Control access to the NAM deployment via user administration.
- Use the configuration wizards to create a user defined software service, define an alert and build a NAM farm.
- Apply, renew and deactivate NAM licenses.
How it all works
- The device list in the NAM Console contains all devices used in the NAM deployments.
- All of the devices listed in the NAM Console regularly deliver their connection status to NAM Console.
- Each of the devices has configuration options and settings unique to the device type.
- The NAM Console governs the NAM authentication by controlling the user access and user group roles.
Core NAM Console tasks
The NAM Console is responsible for:
- User access and security
- NAM Probe device configuration and
CAS device configuration
- License management
- Monitoring configuration, including
- Traffic diagnostics, including ability to record and analyze traffic
Getting around in the NAM Console
The top menu bar is your access point to almost everything in the NAM Console.
- Click the NAM Console menu icon to display a menu of NAM Console commands.
including the following submenus:
- Click the dashboard icon to get to crucial configuration screens.
For more information, see Dashboard
- Click the profile icon to open a menu of user settings, product About information, and user assistance options.