The last screen of the alert configuration wizard shows a summary of the alert definition. Use it to check your alert definition and make sure it does what you intended it to do before saving and publishing it.
Open the Summary tab of the Alert wizard
- If you are not already there, open the Alert management screen.
- Navigate to the Basic alert settings page of the alert wizard.
- To edit an existing alert, select the alert you want to edit and then click the Edit alert button.
- To create a new alert from scratch, click the Add alert button.
- To clone an existing alert and edit the clone, select Actions ► Duplicate alert for the existing alert.
- Make any changes you want to basic settings and then click Next.
The Triggering and propagation settings page of the alert wizard is displayed.
- Make any changes you want to triggering and propagation settings and then click Next.
The Alert notifications page of the alert wizard is displayed.
- Make any changes you want to notification settings and then click Next.
The Summary page of the alert wizard is displayed.
Review the Summary tab and make changes as needed
If you need to change anything, use the Previous button to step back through the alert wizard pages, make your changes, and use the Next button to return to the Summary page before saving and publishing your changes.
- Make sure the Alert definition parameters describe the alert properly.
- Make sure the Monitored dimensions show the right dimensions.
- Make sure the Dimension filters are correct.
- Make sure the Recipients configuration settings are correct.
If you do not configure recipients, a raised alert will only write to the log.
When you are satisfied with the alert settings, click Apply to save the configuration as a draft or to immediately publish it on the report servers.