Applies to NAM 2019+
To authenticate access to NAM via our NAM Console Public REST API, you can use basic authentication (user name and password) or get a public API token from the NAM Console.
To obtain a public API token from the NAM Console:
- In the NAM Console, open Security ► API tokens.
- If no public tokens are listed in the Public API tokens section, generate a token.
- Click Generate token.
- Provide a useful name for the token.
For example, the name of the person, department, or company to whom you will distribute the token.
- Click Save.
- Select the API token you need.
- When the edit buttons are displayed for that token, click Copy to copy that token to the clipboard.
- Paste the token into the application that will use it to authenticate communication with NAM.