After adding new sections to a report, you can rearrange and optimize the layout in the Sections and layout tab.
Expanding the space allocated to a section
To allocate more space for a section, grab an edge and drag it to stretch the section.
Note that this is only a space allocation.
- The maximum width and height of a table depends on the Chart settings tab.
- The maximum vertical size of a table (number of rows) depends on the page size defined on the Result display tab.
Moving a section
To move a section to another place on your report, drag and drop it on any empty placeholder.
If there is no empty placeholder waiting for your section, create one.
These buttons will create a new row above, below, to the left, or to the right, relative to the selected section.
Drag the section to the new location.
When the target placeholder turns yellow, release the section to drop it into place.
Swapping two sections
Swapping two sections is very easy: drag one of them and drop it on the other one.
- Locate two sections you want to swap.
In this example, we have the "Client-side monitoring" section on the left and the "Data center technologies" section on the right. The sections are adjacent in this example, but they do not need to be. You can drag across intervening sections.
- Drag one section to the other and let go.
In this example, we drop the "Client-side monitoring" section on the "Data center technologies" section.
- Click OK to confirm that you really wanted to swap those two sections.
If you accidentally dragged a section to the wrong place, this lets you back out of it.
- Verify the new layout.
Now we have the "Data center technologies" section on the left and the "Client-side monitoring" section on the right.
Note that if you swap two sections of different sizes, the section sizes will also be exchanged.
Optimizing report layout
Use options on the Sections and layout tab to make better use of screen real estate.
If the Hide empty section option is selected for a section on the Sections and layout tab for your report:
and if that section has no data to display when you use it, you could see an empty space on your report where that section would be.
Select Column layout on the Sections and layout tab to split your report into columns and automatically slide all column sections up to fill any empty sections, so you never have empty gaps in the displayed report.
Report sections by default take 100% of the screen width available. That sometimes makes your report less readable. For example:
- Your table has just two columns spread out over the entire width of the screen, so you get lost scanning across rows.
- Your chart shows a series for a short time interval but the chart is unnecessarily stretched to fill the screen.
Select Shrunk layout on the Sections and layout tab to minimize use of screen space by adjusting the section width in proportion to the displayed data.
Setting chart size
Use Chart dimensions (the Width and Height fields) on the Chart settings tab to specify the size of a chart in pixels.
- The minimum size of a chart is
300pixels wide and
170pixels high. If you enter lower values, they are automatically increased to the minimums.
- Only a Chart section (see Section type) has a Chart settings tab. If you don't see such a tab, check your Section type.