Each dimension and filter on your current report can be used as a filtering criterion for any dimension on the linked report. You can pass the defined filter to all sections in the target report or to selected sections.
For example, values of
Server IP address on the current report can be used as a filter for the
Client IP address dimension on the linked report. You can define this filter on any of these tabs
- Report tabs and links (report level)
- Section list and buttons (section level)
- Drilldown links (section level) (depending on the type of link you have already created).
Defining a filter:
Optional: Click to open the filter selection panel for the chosen dimension.
This step is required only on the Drilldown links tab.
Select Value from for the chosen dimension.
Note: Dimensions listed in the filter selection panel come from your target report. The list includes all dimensions from all report sections.
You can also click Apply to select the dimension of the same name. In this case, such a dimension has to exist in the current (source) report. If you do not want a particular dimension to be a filtering criterion, select the Ignore option.
Click ... in that row to select a dimension from the current report.
You can apply the mapping between two dimensions to all sections in the target report or to only the selected ones.
- If you want to define the same filter for all sections in the target report, select Global definition, and then select a dimension or filter from your parent report.
In the example here, when you drill down to the Network Overview report, it will display data only for the client IP address that has the same value as the server IP address on your parent report. The value of the server IP address will be taken from a row that corresponds with the clicked drilldown link.
You can also define your own filter value. In this case, you would choose the Custom value option and type the filter value in the provided text field.
If you want to define different filters for different sections in the target report, select Definition per section, and then select a dimension or filter from your parent report for each of the listed sections.
If you do not want to define a filter for the selected section, choose Ignore.
Note: Drilldown links differ from parent and sibling links in that a drilldown link, when clicked, is able to apply values from the clicked report table row as the filtering criteria on the drilldown report. This is why you will not see the Row values list when defining filters for section and report tabs.
Complete the Target time range statement with one of the options on the list:
- is taken from report – The time range of your source report will be used as a filter.
- is taken from section – The time range of your source section will be used as a filter. (A section can have a different time.)
- is not changed – Time settings will not be used as a filter.
- is taken from row – The time value from a row that corresponds to the clicked drilldown link will be used as the begin time of the time range for your target report. This option is enabled if the source report uses the
- was defined in an advanced way – Use this option to define more complex time settings, such as time rounding and time margin. This option is enabled if the selected section of your source report uses at least one of the time dimensions (for example,
Hit begin time, or
Operation begin time). You can set the following options:
- The time dimension that will be used as a filter. The Use as list enables you to choose any of the time dimensions used on your source report and set the corresponding time value either as the begin time or the end time.
- The length of the time range. The Set range to list enables you to define a custom time range. The time range can be equal to the report resolution (for example, to one period) or it can be equal to the value of any time metric used on your source report. For example, if your source report shows
Operation timevalues, you can use it to define the time range for your target report.
- How the time range should be rounded. The Rounded to list gives you two possibilities: the time range can be rounded to intervals (their length depends on the report resolution) or to minutes.
- The time margin expressed in minutes. The Margin (+/-) field enables you to define an additional time margin for the time range that will be used as a filter.
Select a time granulation setting: remains the same or is increased.