This section type adds tiles to your report. It is especially recommended as a base for reports displayed on mobile devices, where clear, readable information at a glance is especially important.
At first glance, metric tiles and dimension tiles look similar. However, the Metric tiles section uses cells, where each tile consists of one or more cells. A single cell looks similar to a single tile, but cells and tiles have different characteristics.
- A metric tile is based on metrics. Dimensions serve only as filters.
- Each cell of a metric tile represents one main metric.
You can also display auxiliary metrics on metric tiles.
- Render one table row as multiple tiles, each representing one or many metrics.
- Color tile background based on metric value.
- Show one, two (comparison) or up to 4 metrics (breakdown) in a tile (Warning).
- Breakdown metrics are not supported.
- There are no section buttons available for dimension tiles section.
Data tab settings
- Select at least one metric as a Row.
- Select at least one dimension as a Filter. Display filters in the report header or enter the section title in the Display name field to show the context of the metrics displayed on cells.
- Click Display report.
Result display tab settings
You can set the following metric tiles options:
A cell is a basic unit to define the tile size. Choose between the following cell sizes: Extra small, Small, Medium, or Large.
Number of cells per row
This setting specifies the number of cells of a 1x1 size in one row.
The maximum number of cells in a row depends on the tile size:
- 8 Tiles of the 1x1 size
- 3 Tiles of the 1x2 size
- 2 Tiles of the 1x3 size
Cells are displayed on the report in the order in which the corresponding metrics are defined on the Result Display tab.
One tile can occupy from one to three cells. You can choose from the following tile sizes:
Larger tiles are recommended if you want to display auxiliary metrics.
Use this list to choose how to display the metric value:
- Breakdown - shows the main metric and a breakdown into auxiliary metrics.
For example, if the main metric is
Total bytes, select
Server bytesas auxiliary metrics and set the Show condition to
Nofor both of them. As a result, you see the Breakdown Tile:
Note that the Tile size is set to
1x2 so all metrics are easily visible.
- Fraction - shows a part of a whole, such as how many users out of the
Unique usersare affected by performance problems. Note that, in this case, the main metric serves as an auxiliary metric:
- For the
Affected users (performance)metric, select
Unique usersas the auxiliary metric.
- Set the Show condition to
Nofor the Unique users metric.
- Click Display report to see the Fraction tile.
- For the
- Normal - name bottom - shows the metric value in the center of the Tile and its name at the bottom. If you display additional metrics below the main metric, they are separated by a slash “/”.
- Normal - name top - shows the metric value in the center of the Tile and its name at the top. If you display additional metrics below the main metric, they are separated by a slash “/”.
Defining color rendering
You define color rendering separately for each tile.
- Select the color rendering mode for each main metric. Main metrics constitute Tile and their Show condition is set to
- Provide metric thresholds.
Displaying auxiliary metrics
Go to the Result Display tab to display auxiliary metrics on Tiles. This is a mandatory step for Tiles of Breakdown or Fraction type.
For Normal Tile types, auxiliary metrics are displayed below the main metric and they are separated by a slash “/”.
If you do not want to display separate Tiles for metrics that are selected as auxiliary, set their Show condition to
Tip: If you display auxiliary metrics and see the ellipsis (“...”) on tiles, make the Tile size larger.
You define drilldown links on tiles in the same way as for the other report sections. Note that:
- You can define only one drilldown link per tile.
- The best practice is to define the drilldown link on the main metric.
- Drilldown links defined on auxiliary metrics or on metrics with the Show condition set to
Noare not active.