Click Add benchmark on the DMI Data tab to specify benchmark data for your report.
- Compare metric values in a particular data view with the corresponding metric values in another data view. For example, you can compare metric values in the
Software service, operation, and site datadata view with baseline values in the
Software service, operation, and site data baselinesdata view.
- Compare metric values from different times or days.
- Combine metrics or dimensions from two different data views to generate a single report.
To specify benchmark data:
- In DMI, use the Data tab to select dimensions and metrics to create a report.
- Click Add benchmark and select corresponding dimensions from Data views list.
- Set Enable condition:
Yes: display benchmark data.
No: do not display benchmark data.
Conditional: click edit next to this setting to edit a conditional expression that determines whether to display benchmark data.
On the NAM Server, select Tools ► DMI ► New report to open DMI to an empty section editor.
Set Display name to the name of the section.
Select a Section type such as Table.
On the Data tab, click in Data view to display data view editing options.
From the Data views list, select Software service, operation, and site data.
Click Dimensions and select a dimension such as Client site (in the Client grouping category).
Click Metrics and select a metric such as Availability (total) (in the Availability category).
Click the Add benchmark button.
A Benchmark row is added to the report definition. You should now see something like this:
From the Data views list, select Software service, operation, and site baselines
(not ...site data this time).
Select Availability (total) from the Availability metrics.
(This same metric as before, but this time from the baselines data view.)
Click Display report.
The report table shows three columns:
- Client site
- Availability (total)
- Availability (total) benchmark
On the Result display tab, customize the report content and layout as needed.
The defaults should be OK for now.
Click Display Report to see your report.
Using the example settings above, you created one-section report with a three-column table showing availability of client sites compared to benchmark data.