A NAM report can show you tables, graphs, and other report elements organized by section. You need to select your data and specify how to display it.
All beginners should start with Creating a report, which walks you through the most basic steps for creating your first Hello World report in DMI.
- Decide what you want to display.
- Open DMI (Tools ► DMI ► New report) and select dimensions and metrics.
- Decide how you want to display your data. The section type determines whether you will show, for example, a table or a chart.
- If you are showing more than one section on your report, use the Sections and layout tab to arrange your sections on the report.
- Work iteratively to build your report section by section.
Each section of your report will be one of the following types:
- Rich table (applies to NAM 2018) creates a lightweight table (simple columns of data) but each row is expandable. Within each row, you can nest report subsections to display charts, tiles, and counters.
- Table creates a static one-level table with access to all dimensions and metrics of all data views.
- Chart creates a simple chart with access to all dimensions and metrics of all data views.
- Universal diagram creates a section with an image of your choice, showing monitored data points.
- Dimension tiles presents each dimension value and the corresponding metrics on a separate tile.
- Metric tiles adds a simple metric tile useful as a base for reports displayed on mobile devices.
- Color counter presents a dimension broken down by the values of a metric of your choice.
- Row counter adds a simple row counter useful as a base for reports displayed on mobile devices.
- Annotation adds simple block of text to the report.
- Filtering bar adds a dimension filter to control what's displayed on the rest of your report.
- Twitter timeline creates a section on your report that will post as Twitter tweets.
- Location status (applies to DC RUM 2017) displays two charts showing the network performance of regions, areas, or sites.
See Choosing a report section type for details.
Improving your report
Use the DMI editor to add data to your report and to define how the data will be filtered and displayed.