Use the Sections and layout tab to manage the report layout and navigate to report sections.
To browse existing sections
The list on the left of this tab shows every section in the report.
Select a section to:
- Change the section title
- Change the section type
- Change whether the report is visible
- Open the section-level editor for that section (with the Edit section button)
To create a new section
- Check your zoom setting.
Make sure that zoom is set to 100% in your operating system and in your browser. Other settings can cause editing issues.
- Edit the report.
- Insert a section placeholder.
If there is no empty section (placeholder) where you want to add a section, select an existing section and then select one of these buttons:
inserts a placeholder above the selected section
inserts a placeholder below the selected section
inserts a placeholder to the left of the selected section
inserts a placeholder to the right of the selected section
This will create a placeholder like:
You can create up to seven columns and forty rows in a report. Just remember that large reports with many sections may cause browser performance problems. The placeholders serve as a graphical help in creating a report. They do not show the exact report layout, but help you arrange the report. In particular:
- If you create a report with only one section (no matter how many placeholders the section takes), it will be adjusted to fit the whole screen.
- If you create a report with several sections of different sizes (see Improving your report layout), the actual proportions between sections on the report may vary from the defined layout. This depends on the displayed data and internal section settings, such as the chart size.
- Drag and drop the new section. Select one of the available section types and drag it to the placeholder. For more information on section types, see Choosing a report section type.
- Select the Define Section button to define or verify section conditions.
- Select dimensions and metrics.
- For Interactive Table and Chart, Multi-Tier Infrastructure, and Application Health section types, verify default settings. These section types have previously defined sets of dimensions and metrics.
- For the Universal Diagram section type, select exactly one dimension to be shown as data points.
Column layout and shrunk layout
Column layout divides the report into columns.
Shrunk layout compresses the layout to eliminate unwanted white space.
For more information on these settings, see Improving your report layout.