Use the DMI Annotation tab (report level) to specify text to display at the top of the report.
There are two types of annotation available to you:
- You can add an annotation for the entire report. This is displayed at the top of the report, with a control for hiding or displaying the annotation.
Report-level annotation is described in the current help topic.
- You can add one or more annotation sections to your report.
To add this type of annotation, create a section and set Section type to Annotation. For more information, see Annotation section type - details.
Both types of annotation support Markdown (see below for syntax), which means that you can format them and add graphics and links.
- Edit the report.
- Create a new report.
- Open an existing report and select Edit report.
- Select the Annotation tab.
- Set Title to a useful label for the control that hides and shows the annotation text.
- Set Annotation text to the text itself, which can be a few words or a few paragraphs.
You can use Markdown to format the text and add links and graphics. Syntax is described below.
||Renders strong text|
||Renders emphasized text|
||Renders a Dynatrace Community link|
||Renders the NAM Server About link pointing to the About screen of the NAM Server instance displaying the report.|
|reference style link
used once anywhere in the annotation. You can then reference it many times in the same annotation
|Renders Dynatrace Corporate Website|
|Renders headings. Levels are controlled by the number of # characters.|
|`preformatted` with a single ` before and after the text||Renders
||Displays the image at the path provided in parenthesis ()
with the text from square brackets [ ] as the value of the