NAM Server > Tools > Diagnostics > Probe statistics
Use the Probe statistics reports to review capacity-related statistics for one of the NAM Probes connected to this NAM Server.
To select the NAM Probe on which to focus these reports, open the Capacity tab and select one of the listed NAM Probes in the NAM Probe IP address column.
On the Capacity tab, select a NAM Probe from the list to display the selected NAM Probe's licensing state.
NAM Probe licensing and capacity are discussed in detail in the licensing guide.
The License overview for yesterday section shows the current licensing state.
The Daily NAM Probe capacity section charts bandwidth over time.
- Click the chart to see details for the selected time.
- Click the Show yearly capacity button to display an additional Yearly NAM Probe capacity chart.
Use the Packet stats report to verify the general state of capture ports on the selected NAM Probe. Information is gathered directly from the NIC driver operating on the NAM Probe.
The calculation of analyzed traffic is performed in several stages, gradually excluding the irrelevant statistics:
- The overruns are excluded first. When the received packets are counted, the overruns are omitted.
- The calculation of the received packets depends on the subtraction of errors and filtered-out packets.
- The dropped packets are counted after the filtered packets are disregarded.
- The number of analyzed packets is the count of packets remaining after all of the previous categories are subtracted.
In default NAM Probe installations, non-TCP/UDP packets are not part of this process and are never counted when the number of analyzed packets is given. Non-TCP/UDP traffic increases the amount of analyzed traffic only if you enable the monitoring of the default software services.
Use the Interface utilization tab to review the interface statistics on the selected NAM Probe.
Interfaces per NAM Probe
For each interface on the selected NAM Probe, this table lists the following.
- Interface - The name of the interface.
- Mode - Whether the interface is a communication port, a sniffing port, or not used.
- State - Whether the interface is up or down.
- Speed - The speed of the selected interface.
- Received bytes - The number of bytes received on this interface during the selected time range.
Use the Find box to search for any string in the table and display only those rows that match.
For each interface on the selected NAM Probe, this section displays a chart of received bytes over time. Click any time on a chart to see the bytes received at that time.
NAM Probe processes CPU stats
Use the NAM Probe processes CPU stats tab to review, per NAM Probe, and per CPU on the NAM Probe, the total CPU usage (percentage) over the selected time range.
In addition, each chart shows a breakdown of the CPU usage according to the following.
- CPU hardirq
- CPU iowait
- CPU nice
- CPU softirq
- CPU steal
- CPU system
- CPU user
Click Show thread workload for this process to display an additional chart of showing the workload per thread.
Click Show analyzer stats to display an additional chart of showing the workload per analyzer.
Use the Resource utilization tab to display charts of basic NAM Probe resource utilization over the selected time range.
- Memory usage
A chart of the amount of memory used on this NAM Probe over the selected time range.
- Disk space usage
A chart of the amount of disk space used on this NAM Probe over the selected time range.
- Received traffic
A chart of the number of bps (kbps, mbps, etc.) received on this NAM Probe over the selected time range.
- Aggregated CPU usage
A chart of the percentage of CPU used on this NAM Probe over the selected time range.
- CPU usage breakdown
Charts of CPU usage per CPU over the selected time range.