NAM Server ► Reports ► Explore ► Alerts
The Alerts explorer shows alerts status at a glance and lists a log of issued alerts.
- In the NAM Server search box, type "run alerts explorer" and press enter
- On the NAM Server menu, select Reports ► Explore ► Alerts
- Drill down to this explorer from other reports such as the Application health dashboard
When you open the Alerts explorer
Check the Alerts count. Is it normal for your environment? You will get a feel for this count day to day and week to week. It's a good at-a-glance data point to start with.
This is a simple count of the alerts in a big display for easy viewing on mobile devices.
Check the Alerts over time chart. Is there an unusually high bar? Is it at a critical business time? Click that bar and select Zoom to this time to focus the report on just that time range.
By default, with split by set to event type, this is a simple chart of alerts over time (in five-minute intervals), Click a bar to refocus the entire report on just that interval.
If you change split by to alert type, it shows a breakdown by alert types: real user performance, integrated EUE, and synthetic and sequence. Click a bar to see alert counts for that interval or to refocus the entire report on just that interval.
Set filters. You can select any combination of the filters running down the left of the report: Alert name, Alert id, etc.
For example, if you were interested in HTTPS alerts involving a certain address, you could open the Software services list and select
HTTPS, and then open the Server IP address list and select the IP address as in the example that follows. The rest of the report would then be focused only on alerts involving HTTPS and that address.
Alert log details
For each alert, you see the time it happened, the message, the event type, and the alert type.
- Click the message text in the Message column to display a pop-up of details on the selected alert.
- Click the Show related information button to add extra columns of information to the table.
- Click a time in the Time column to display a pop-up of details on the selected alert, or to zoom on other reports: