The Middleware dashboard offers quick insight into the performance of middleware.
- CAS ► Reports ► Applications ► Middleware
- Search for "middleware" in the NAM Server search box
If you see a "No middleware traffic was detected in the monitored stream within selected time range." message when you expected middleware traffic, try to extend the time range of the report, review your SPAN/NPB configuration, or consider changing the NAM Probe connection point.
In this context:
- Middleware means the Analyzer group dimension = Middleware, Jolt (Tuxedo), SOAP, XML, Corba, IBM MQ, or RMI
- SOAP analyzers include SOAP over HTTP or SOAP over HTTPS
- XML analyzers include XML, XML over HTTP, XML over HTTPS, and XML over MQ
- RMI analyzers include Weblogic T3 RMI, Sun RMI, and JBoss RMI
- MQ analyzers includes IBM MQ
All tabs on this report start with Performance overview and Middleware applications sections to show middleware status at a glance:
- Affected users
- Slow functions
Click a tile in the Middleware applications section to see details for that application or to focus the report on that application.
Zooming in and out
To zoom in on a chart interval, click that interval on the chart and select Zoom to this time.This will focus the report on the selected interval.
To zoom in on a different interval, click the second interval and select Zoom to this time again.
To zoom back out, click the last breadcrumb at the top of the report.
This reloads the report without the zoom.
Use the tabs to change the perspective of the report:
The Status tab is an overview of middleware performance levels.
The Functions tab is a quick overview of middleware performance at the function level.
The Business impact tab is a quick overview of middleware performance in terms of how it affects business. You can drill down to the User explorer.
- Top 5 destinations by volume
- Top 5 users by volume
- Top middleware protocols by operations