This view shows the DOM (Document Object Model) of the page currently loaded in the browser.
Selecting an element in the tree will highlight the element in the browser view.
Copying DOM elements
Selecting an element in the DOM and right clicking enables you to:
- Read the location of the element on the browser window (in pixels).
- Copy the XPath of the element to the clipboard - includes all elements till the root and if any of the element has an id; the id of the element will be included.
- Copy the line of the element to the clipboard.
- Copy the node of the element and its children to the clipboard.
- Copy the results of an Xpath search to the clipboard.
Searching in the DOM
The DOM Tree view enables you to search through the DOM
- Using xPath
- Using a string search (non-case sensitive)