In addition to the pre-built dashboards such as the Web and Mobile Dashboard (available through the Operations section of the portal menu), you can create and share custom dashboards in the Dashboards page.
This page is accessible via the icon at the top of any Portal page. You can also access it using > My dashboards.
A custom dashboard consists of tiles, or widgets, each of which displays one or more metrics (measures) for one or more tests to focus on data of most interest to you and your team. You choose a chart type that best illustrates the data, e.g., bar or line/trend graphs for comparative performance and availability data. You can arrange and resize the tiles on a custom dashboard.
Display a Dashboard
The Dashboards page contains three tabs:
- My—All the dashboards you’ve created—you can sort the list by clicking the column heads.
- Favorites—Click the icon to add it to this list of favorite dashboards.
- Shared—The dashboards available to all account members are listed here (see Share a Dashboard below).
Click a dashboard name in the My, Favorites, or Shared tab to display that dashboard.
Expand a tile
When viewing a custom dashboard, click a tile to get a page-sized view and interact with the graph. Click the dashboard name in the breadcrumb trail to return to the dashboard.
Deselect a measurement in the legend to hide it in the chart. You can also opt to display or hide the legend.
Different charts allow for different types of interactivity. For more information on drilling down into the raw scatter plot, changing data bucketing, viewing graphical and tabular data, changing chart type on the fly, see Custom Dashboard Workflows.
Change the time range
Every dashboard can be set up to have its own time range. Additionally, you can set up dashboard tiles to have a time range that is independent of the dashboard time range. See Dashboard Tiles for details.
Click the icon and select a new custom or preset time range.
Preset ranges are relative to the current time and vary from the last 1 hour to the last year, with additional options for the current calendar day (Today) or previous calendar day (Yesterday).
You can specify a custom relative time range, i.e., the number of hours, minutes, or days to look back from the current time or from a specified number of hours/minutes/days prior to the current time.
For example, you configure the relative time range as follows:
- Time range – 6 Hrs
- Ending – Custom
- Shift to past – 30 Min
At 12:40, the dashboard displays data from 6:10 through 12:10.
You can also specify absolute start and end dates and times in five-minute intervals.
The custom time you select is your local time. However, all times in the portal are displayed in the time zone configured for your account. For example, if your machine is in the Pacific Time zone but the account time zone is Eastern Time (three hours ahead), when you select 14:00 and 16:00 as the custom range, the displayed time range is 17:00 through 19:00.
Create a dashboard
Custom dashboard setup consists of a.) creating a dashboard, b.) adding tiles to the dashboard (you can add up to 16 tiles), and c.) configuring tiles by choosing the graph type, measurements, and metrics to be displayed. As you set up a new custom dashboard, changes are saved automatically.
In the Dashboards page, click Add dashboard.
The new dashboard contains one blank tile.
Enter a name for the dashboard. The default name is “New dashboard.”
Make sure the name is not already used; you will not be prevented from assigning a duplicate name.
The default time range is one hour. Change the time range as you wish.
Optionally, enter a tile description by clicking the info icon on the tile. A tile with an added description appears in the Tile Configurator and finished dashboard with an info icon. Click the icon to view the description.
Click the default tile to configure it. For details, see Dashboard Tiles.
To add another tile, click Add tile, then click Edit tile to configure the tile. Repeat this step as needed. You can add a maximum of 16 tiles.
Optionally, add a logo to the dashboard—click the logo icon to the left of the title field, enter the URL for the image, and click Done.
The image must be hosted online and must be GIF, PNG, or JPG format. The image is scaled to a width of 40 pixels.
In the dashboard preview, you can (1) move and (2) resize tiles to optimize data display. Click Done (3) to finish editing the dashboard.
Copy a dashboard
You can create a new dashboard by copying a custom dashboard, including shared dashboards created by someone else.
- In the Dashboards page, click the dashboard name to display the custom dashboard.
- Click the More menu at top right and select Copy.
In the pop-up dialog box, assign a name to the new dashboard, then click Copy and open.
- The new dashboard is displayed in edit mode. Modify it as desired and click Done.
Manage your dashboards
Share a dashboard
You can share a dashboard you create by emailing a link to the it or by adding the dashboard to the Shared tab.
- Click the dashboard name to display it.
Click the share icon at the top-right corner above the dashboard to open the sharing dialog box.
Select the sharing option:
- Only you—By default, your dashboard is private; no one else can see it.
- Specific users—After selecting this option, click Send invite to create a message in your email application and add a link to the dashboard automatically to the message body. The recipient must have a MyKeynote user account.
- All users—Selecting this option adds the dashboard to the Shared tab for all users in your account.
- Click Done.
To make a shared dashboard private again, click the share icon , select Only you, and click Done.
When you revoke sharing, the dashboard is removed from the Shared tab. An emailed link will no longer open the dashboard.
Add a dashboard to your favorites
When you “favorite” a dashboard, it is added to your Favorites tab for easy access. You can also sort the My tab to list your favorite dashboards first.
- In the Dashboards page, click the Favorite icon for the dashboard. The icon becomes solid .
- While viewing your own dashboard, click the More menu and select Add to favorites.
- While viewing a shared dashboard created by someone else, click the Add to favorites button.
Edit a dashboard
You can only edit dashboards that you have created.
Open the dashboard, then click Edit in the top right corner. Make the desired changes, then click Done at the top right of the dashboard.
Changes to the dashboard are saved automatically and cannot be undone.
- Add or edit the logo—Click the logo icon . To add or replace a logo, enter the new image’s URL; to remove the logo, delete the URL.
- Rename the dashboard—Replace the name in the title field.
- Adjust the time range—Click to choose a different time range for the dashboard. Changes to time range in edit mode persist after you’re done editing.
- Rearrange the tiles—Click the move control at the top-right corner of the tile and drag the tile to the new location. The other tiles adjust their positions automatically.
- Resize a tile—Click and drag the control at the bottom right corner of the tile. The other tiles adjust their position relative to the resized tile.
- Change tile description—Click the info icon to add/change tile description.
- Edit a tile—Click the tile to open it in the Tile Configurator. See Dashboard Tiles.
- Add a tile—Click Add tile at the top right of the dashboard. See Dashboard Tiles.
- Copy a tile—Click the check mark at the top of a tile to select it, then click Copy tile at the top right of the dashboard.
- Delete a tile—Click the check mark at the top of a tile to select it, then click Delete tile at the top right of the dashboard. *Deleting a tile cannot be undone**.
Delete a dashboard
Deleting a dashboard cannot be undone.
- In the My tab of the Dashboards page, select a dashboard.
The Delete button appears in the top left corner of the page.
- Click Delete, then click Yes to confirm the deletion.