Keynote Synthetic Monitoring is integrated with Dynatrace Application Monitoring, enabling you to trace every transaction starting from a synthetic monitor through backend systems, third parties, virtualized tiers, and more.
A PurePath is a complete multi-dimensional trace of server requests for each resource in the waterfall graph providing comprehensive visibility required for analyzing and troubleshooting fetch times.
- Customer websites must be instrumented for PurePath functionality.
- Viewing PurePath data requires that the AppMon Client be installed on the machine used to access MyKeynote.
- The AppMon Client requires that the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) be installed on the client machine.
- Customers must set up PurePath integration in the Keynote Service Center (KSC):
- Enter AppMon server information.
- When provisioning a script, enable displaying the PurePath column in the waterfall graph (provided there is at least one object on the page for which PurePath data is available).
Accessing PurePath information from MyKeynote
PurePath information is available to view from the waterfall graph for Mobile Web Monitoring (MWP 8.5) and Real Browser Monitoring (TxP 13.1) measurements.
Set up your scatter plot: Select > Current chart data and select the measurement scripted for your PurePath-integrated website. Select the Scatter Plot graph type and be sure to choose the specific agent type depending on your measurement (TxP or MWP). Click Generate Graph.
Click a data point in the resulting scatter plot to view details.
If necessary, select a page from the page-level performance summary to view its waterfall graph.
Start up the AppMon Client.
Click the PurePath icon next to a resource in the waterfall graph. The visibility of the PurePath icon in waterfall pages is controlled by PurePath toggle in KSC when you provision a script.
In the dialog box that appears, click Use webstart client.
This initiates the download of the
client.jnlp file, which installs the client after checking for updates. Open the file.
You might see a message asking you to update your Java version. Update Java and click on the PurePath icon again (Step 1 above), or you can try clicking Later to continue on to launching the client.
It might take a few moments before you see a dialog box show the progress of downloading the client. If asked, click Run to launch the Dynatrace Client. You might need to log in to view trace information.
You might experience issues launching the client because the browser cannot confirm the security of its connection to the AppMon Client that is running on your machine. In order to allow the browser to link to the client, you have to accept the security risk of connecting to the local host without a certificate.
After you have clicked the PurePath icon in the waterfall graph:
Click accept the SSL certificate in the dialog box that appears.
You are directed to another window/tab where you can accept the security risk of connecting without a certificate.
- Click Advanced.
Click Proceed to localhost (or some other hostname).
- Close the tab and in the waterfall graph, click the PurePath icon again. Once you have accepted the security exception, you will not see the pop-up window, and the AppMon Client is opened directly.