- Overall baseline : Performance for all hours of the day is aggregated for the number of weeks you specify previous to the current date and time.
- Hour of the week baseline : Performance measurements for a specific hour of the day are aggregated for the number of weeks you specify previous to the current date and time.
Baselines are available for Transaction Perspective and Application Perspective measurements. You can create one baseline per measurement.
Baselines may be based on any of the network or user experience components, or general metrics such as total element count or total bytes downloaded measured by Keynote.
Baselines are calculated once each week for each hour of the day, starting at 12:00 a.m. Sunday morning G.M.T. (Therefore, for hour of the week baselines, 168 hourly measurements are made each week.) When you set your measurement to use a 4 week baseline, current performance is compared to baseline performance for 4 weeks, starting with the most recent Sunday that baseline performance was calculated.
Baselines are calculated using the geometric mean of performance measurements for each hourly slot over the number of weeks that has been specified for the baseline. This is different from the calculation of performance in most MyKeynote graphs, which uses the arithmetic mean. Because of this difference, it is not possible to directly calculate baseline values using standard Keynote measurement data. However, you can view baseline data for each of your measurements that has a baseline enabled. See Viewing Baseline Data, below.
Before you can use dynamic baselines for performance alarms you must set up a baseline for a measurement.
To create or edit a baseline for a specific measurement:
- Select > Baselines .
Measurements are listed by Type (Transaction for TxP and ApP, Mobile for MWP). If a baseline exists for a measurement, click the Edit button next to it. If a baselines does not already exist for a measurement, click Create next to it.
Select whether the baseline should be based on Hour of the week or Overall averaging.
- Select the number of weeks (4-6) that you want to aggregate data for.
- Click Submit . Your measurement is now displayed with View and Edit buttons in the Baselines page as a baseline has been created for it.
Viewing baseline data
You can view baseline data for any measurements that have had baselines configured (as described above).
To view baseline data:
- Select > Baselines .
- Measurements with a baseline already configured are listed with View and Edit buttons next to them. Click View .
Baseline data is shown below for an hour of the week baseline. Scroll right to see all measured components. Scroll down to see overall and page-by-page data in time.
The images below show data for an overall baseline. There is an average value for the overall measurement and each of its components. There are corresponding values for each page of the measurement. There are no hour-of-the-week data points.
Baseline Total - EX content error refers to the total measurement time without measurements containing content errors.