The Keynote Web Recorder is available in the Keynote Service Center to provide a web-based, end-to-end flow from script creation through measurement provisioning.
Please review Requirements and Scope below, then check web recorder help to learn about:
- Accessing the web recorder in KSC
- Recording a desktop or mobile web transaction
- Reviewing and editing a transaction
- Web recorder actions
Requirements and scope
Chrome users on the Windows and Macintosh platforms can record, edit, and validate tests directly from within KSC. The web recorder requires a Chrome extension, which is easily installed within KSC as part of the recording workflow (see Accessing the Web Recorder).
The web recorder is available for the following types of measurements:
- Real Browser Monitoring (TxP)—all flavors
- Cloud Transaction Perspective
- Transaction Perspective High Frequency
- Transaction Perspective Last Mile
- Mobile Web Monitoring (MwP)—all flavors
- Mobile Web Perspective
- Mobile Web Perspective Over Air
- Real Browser Monitoring (TxP) and Mobile Web Monitoring (MWP) each requires a different Chrome extension to be installed.
- The web recorder is not supported for shared TxP scripts or for MWP URLs.
When you schedule your web recorder measurement in KSC, browser choices map to the following versions:
- Chrome 38 (default)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Firefox 33