To help us provide the quickest and most complete analysis of your support request, please clearly document all the details of the issue.
Refer to the article How to Create a Support Ticket for the step-by-step ticket creation procedure.
For example, if you have a question about measurement data or reports generated by our public monitoring agents, the following details can greatly expedite an accurate response:
- The agent type (Real Browser (TxP), Emulated Browser (ApP), etc.
- The transaction ID or measurement name
The specific agent location or agent group name—this information is found in MyKeynote in the user menu at top-right > My Measurements.
- The time zone and time (for transient issues)
A good general rule is to provide as many details as you can about the problem. This helps avoid the need for follow up questions that need addressing before a full investigation can be performed.
How to describe the issue
Please be prepared to provide the following information when submitting an issue to Keynote Synthetic Monitoring Support:
- A detailed description of the problem, including:
- Product or service you are requesting assistance with
- Actual vs. expected result or behavior
- Specific time frame involved (Was it a one-time or recurring issue? Has it happened before?)
- Additional environment details including the location of the agent, the browser used, and any details about what might have changed since the product or service was working as expected
- How to reproduce the issue—be as specific as possible.
- The description of any recent relevant circumstances (such as website changes or maintenance)
- Components of the Portal affected, e.g., charting, alerting, instant tests, etc.
- Exact measurement names or measurement ID and/or affected agent locations
- Screenshots illustrating the issue as well as the text of any error messages shown
- The ticketing system allows attachments of up to 500MB per file. If you need to provide a file that exceeds this limit, please let us know and we will provide an upload location.
How to select the severity
The Dynatrace product or service is down, the monitored production application is down, or there is a major malfunction resulting in business revenue loss and a critical impact to the service affecting a majority (>90%) of users as a result of a Dynatrace product or service issue. No workaround is available.
A significant loss of major functionality or a performance degradation has resulted in a severe impact for a significant number (>50%) of users. No reasonable workaround is available.
A moderate loss of product functionality or performance issue impacting multiple (<50%) users or data may have unexpected results. A reasonable workaround is available.
A feature of the service is not functioning correctly with little or no impact on production applications, data quality, or data access. An inquiry regarding a routine technical issue or a general question or cases is reported on end-of-life versions or products that are resolved in later releases.