AppMon 6.5 and later no longer supports bootstrap agents earlier than 6.0. This page describes how to upgrade your pre-6.0 bootstrap agents to the newest version.
- Download a new agent installer for your platform from downloads.dynatrace.com.
- Consider a backup of your current agent configuration directory.
- Deploy and install it on your target platforms next your agents installation which is currently in use.
Bootstrap agent upgrade process
- Stop the old host agent.
- Migrate the content in
/conf/dthostagent.ini(mainly the name and the server) from your old to your new installation directory.
- Start the new host agent.
- Stop the old web server agent.
- Migrate your webserver agent settings in
conf/dtwsagent.inifrom your old to your new installation directory.
- Start the new web server agent.
Reconfigure the path to the agent in you local application configuration (for example, from
You can also install to and configure a version-independent agent path (for example, /opt/dynatrace-agent/) and move the old version out of that location and install the new version into the same directory.
Restart your application.
- Restart your application after installing the new agents.
z/OS zLocal / zRemote agent
- Upgrading the zLocal / zRemote agents with SMP/E automatically upgrades the bootstrap agents. Follow the instructions here.
Uninstall the outdated agents
- Linux: Delete the installation directory of the outdated agents.
- Windows: Uninstall outdated agents using Add / Remove programs.