Case 1: Collectors: Large class cache
The class cache is found in
DT_HOME/collector/cache. You can use the
-noclasscache parameter, but keep in mind these remarks
Case 2: Many agentres files
Each update installs one in
DT_HOME/collector/lib. These contain old agent versions that are required if agents of that version connect to the Server or Collectors. Some of those can be removed, but be sure to carefully follow these steps to not affect the monitored application:
- Reduce the number of different Agents versions that connect to this installation. In the best case, update to the latest update and roll this out to Server, all Collectors and all Agents.
- Make a list of all versions that any of your Agents are running on.
- Shut down all components installed in this
- Do not delete
agentres.jar(without version) or the subdirectory
- Back up and delete any files named
DT_HOME/collector/lib/agentres-X.jarfor all versions X that are not in use on any of your Agents.
- Continue with migration guide.
If you upgraded without migrating the class cache and are missing PurePaths or have PurePaths that contains
<unknown> nodes, try to restart the instrumented applications. Two restarts of the instrumented applications are required to avoid this problem.
For the server '
-Xmx' and '
-Xms' VM arguments are ignored. Select an appropriate sizing in Settings > Dynatrace Server > Settings pane > Sizing. See Sizing Settings for more details.
If you upgraded from 6.5 to 7.0 from update 6.5.27 or higher to update 7.0.8 or lower, sessions will not be loaded due a change in the storage format as part of JLT-186599. Install the latest public update (7.0.9 and higher) and sessions should become available again. Also, check the general sessions storage configuration and file permissions.
Install the latest public update to receive mapping files for JLT-181787 and then restart the affected Agents.
If you skipped the deactivation of the license on the old server, UEM volume will be lost. Open a licensing support ticket with your license number to get a new voucher.
If you need further assistance, go to our support page.
Collecting support information
For issues with the upgrade or migration process and the migration tool, provide the following information on support tickets:
- A support archive with all logfiles if the affected components could be started and did connect - or a zip of the log folder of components that have problems.
- The full migration archive (.dtma) if any was created. If no explicit location is specified, it is found it the target
<DT_HOME>/migration/directory. It can become quite large, if necessary an FTP location for upload can be provided.
- All dtmigration.log files (source and target) from where the migration tool was executed (working directory).
- The versions of the source and target Dynatrace installation. For example 6.2 to 6.5.
- The version of the Migration Guide used. For example from 6.3 to 6.5.